Good online european electronics site

Hi guys,

can anyone recommend a good online european electronics site from which I can buy a Samsung TV and have it delivered to Malta? I was looking at some Italian electronics stores but they only deliver within Italy. It seems that TVs are much cheaper elsewhere in Europe (other than UK) but it seems difficult to have it shipped to Malta directly by supplier.

conrad deliver to malta http://www.conrad.com/ce/ - much depends on size - amazon uk and germany deliver to malta upto 32inch.....

but that last time (january) i purchased i looked all over as we wanted a 55inch and ended up buying here in malta as the price difference was not that much by the time you considered insurance cover and delivery...plus the guarantee.

Hi Toonarmy,

Thanks for the info. I'm surprised that none of the online stores in Italy deliver to Malta. I actually found some good deals online and it seems that the only viable option is to get one of these delivery agencies to deliver to Malta (the supplier will deliver first to their premises in say Italy), and it doesn't cost much at all including insurance. Not sure if this is actually a safe and good option?

Let me also ask you for advice - which place is better/more popular with expats to get an apartment - St Julian's or Sliema? Not sure if St Julian's is purely clubbing/entertainment place and busy/loud place for living? I hope also to be able to find there a nice new and modern 2 bedroom apartment for EUR650 or so.

i suppose like most places it depends what you want from your life here and whether or not you will have a car - public transport to almost anywhere from either is relatively easy - but if it was my choice of the two i would probably go for sliema.

but dont just limit yourself to these two look at the map and consider the outer areas around them too. it really is a small island and nothing is too far away,

thanks a lot for the info, I really appreciate it :)

There is a company

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sicily-B … 05?fref=ts

You can find what you want on Euronics and then send them teh details they give you a price including shipping into Malta, they obviously come back and forth from sicily on a weekly basis.

Also deliver IKEA goods from Sicily

Julian

PS. Thanks guys for sharing the details hopefully you both get what you need from it.

J.

scubaboy wrote:

There is a company

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sicily-B … 05?fref=ts

You can find what you want on Euronics and then send them teh details they give you a price including shipping into Malta, they obviously come back and forth from sicily on a weekly basis.

Also deliver IKEA goods from Sicily

Julian

PS. Thanks guys for sharing the details hopefully you both get what you need from it.

J.

That's great have you used this company?

No i haven't but do know people who have and they have nothing but praise for them.  They are a little slow on Answering but will come back to you.

Julian

That's great thank you xx

I odered my Samsung 6100 in digitalo.de - price is €100 less than in Malta, delivery by courier in 3 days to the door for €10 only.

Spiridonov wrote:

I odered my Samsung 6100 in digitalo.de - price is €100 less than in Malta, delivery by courier in 3 days to the door for €10 only.

Nice tip Spiridonov! I had a look at that site and the prices in general, seem to be quite good. I have just ordered an 20" monitor with the help of Google translator as I don't understand any German :D
Hopefully will not take too long to be delivered.

Thanks for the tip!

Cheerio,
Antonio

Report here when you receive it. I just want to check if it's common practice for them or I was so lucky :)

I had ordered my phone from simplyelectronics.net but i think I got very lucky and I still don't recommend it haha. Has quite a LOT of bad reviews if you check it out

I ordered phone from compuniverse.net - no problem with delivery etc

Oh and there is also conrad.com however I haven't tried it out yet

Spiridonov wrote:

Report here when you receive it. I just want to check if it's common practice for them or I was so lucky :)

That's no problem! Will let you know when I get it... Well, hopefully I will :rolleyes:

Spiridonov wrote:

Hi Spiridonov,

Hi have just received my monitor today via UPS. All good, nicely packed but in the end, got a bit disappointed. In the website, it stated that the monitor supported VGA and DVI connections, but when I checked, only has a VGA port. Now will have to spend more money on a DVI to VGA cable as I only have one DVI port free on my desktop. But overall, it was ok.

Cheerio,
Antonio

Thank you Mantonas!
Yes, proper description is usual problem of all web-shops :(