Maltese Bureaucracy?

In July 2012, a most ridiculous law was passed. Suddenly, a child who has had a double- barrelled surname from birth (that's using both the father and the mother's surnames) can no longer renew his/her passport and stick to the same names unless the person who authenticates the photo and signs the application form accompanies the child and mother and confirms at the Passport Office that the child has been using both surnames since birth.
The fact that since birth these children have had all certificates, bank accounts, ID cards and, yes, even passports bearing both names does not count anymore.

http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/vi … ble.465070

Any other examples?

Fell foul of the exact same bureaucratic nonsense ourselves.  Rose was making her 3rd passport renewal at the local office in Malta and found that she had to have 'Maria Rosa' on her passport.......no amount of negotiating could convince them to let it remain as it had been for so many years.......in fact the 'clerk' was very brusque and there was a veiled threat to delay it's renewal.......this too, to a Maltese National (so it's not just Jonny foreigner who get's short shrift from these self important people).

To add insult to injury, when I next booked flight tickets to Malta I inadvertently put Rose on the on-line form and booked it.  After only one hour I realised my mistake and called the help desk to change it and was told it was to cost me another €20 for the privilege...............thank you 'National Airline' for your understanding.

just ridiculous - red tape gone mad.