EResidence document Appointment Trick

After the first Email bounced - I decided to Email using all the emails below.

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

I know it's not the right protocol but it's the best way to tackle such incompetent bureaucracy.

30 minutes later - I receive an email from ''[email protected]'' - Advising that my query has been passed on to the appropriate department.

I do not know if this is any good but I think I might get somewhere

I will keep you posted.

WATCH THIS SPACE

Just received this email today from [email protected] - See below!

Good Morning,

Kindly send an email to the Ministry for Home Affairs and National Security on [email protected]

Regards

Brian Muscat
Protocol and Consular Services Directorate
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Palazzo Parisio
Merchants Street
Valletta VLT 1171
MALTA

Tel: 00356 22042376
Fax: 00356 21240083

and the merry go round goes round and round like the wheels on the bus LOL

Talking about wheels on a bus....

maybe send the e-mail to :

[email protected]

It might help but knowing Malta all these activities are going to lead nowhere -)))

Cheers
Ricky

ricky wrote:

[email protected]

It might help but knowing Malta all these activities are going to lead nowhere -)))

Cheers
Ricky

Classic Ricky.... Love it :)

Why the rush? We know that staff are overwhelmed by the demand and insufficient resources. As long as one can prove that they applied for an appointment within the 90 days, why worry?
No one's going to get 'done' in the legal sense.
Or, is it all about cheap bus fares?
PS, sent mine in last week for an appointment in July.
Remember, this is Malta :)

i think Red that its not so much the fares but there is a massive impact on utilties entitlements if you cant apply for it until after 90 days then apply by snail mail taking another 60 days then waiting another 60-90 days for an appointment and then another 30-60 days to get the card...and all this time you are paying the domestic rates....hmmmmmm 6-8months.......

Also, apparently some families with children have to pay school fees if they dont yet have the residency cards etc so it could end up costing a lot of people a lot of money!

ricky wrote:

[email protected]

Cheers
Ricky

Ricky - You Cheeky sod. I had actually started typing up an email.
Then I realised I was sending it to Arriva. YOU GAT ME! Haaa Haaa:D:D:D:lol::lol:

theres lots of stuff that this affects its not just about fares and utilities. They are just the most obvious as everyone is talking about it and its highly visible.

Hi SMeddie,

I'm glad you took it with humour-)))

I know how important it is for you and your non-EU wife ( like me)to get an appointment as soon as possible. It'S not just about bus fares and utilities for both of you.

Cheers
Ricky

Yes, it certainly helps to have a sense of humour about all this, not much else we can have control over, lol :D

You guys have just made me addicted to this Forum.

toonarmy9752 wrote:

theres lots of stuff that this affects its not just about fares and utilities. They are just the most obvious as everyone is talking about it and its highly visible.

I know, I was just being flippant. My bad........sorry! :shy

nah not at all - i just didnt pick up on it...it was a busy day yesterday - lots of "stuff" going on

Beside, the madness I have employed in order to get the appointment – Can someone please confirm if walk-ins are being dealt with.

If so, I will just give-up the email route and wait until I get to Malta come end of June.

SMeddie wrote:

Can someone please confirm if walk-ins are being dealt with.

yes to make an appointment, no to hand in your application form

you may be subject to a long wait though....

if you turn up at 6am before the queues, you might get seen at 8am

georgeingozo wrote:

Interesting - You turn up at 6am - Just to get an appointment to be seen (to hand in papers) at a later date! Lovely ....

well if you turn up at 10am they might not see you at all

as per a number of people I have spoken to recently they seem to think its better to have a mid afternoon appointment....in and out in 30-45 mins.

SMeddie wrote:
georgeingozo wrote:

Interesting - You turn up at 6am - Just to get an appointment to be seen (to hand in papers) at a later date! Lovely ....

Forget what you may be used to or expect things to be. This is Malta.

SMeddie, with respect, you seem to have unrealistic expectations regarding the way the  Maltese conduct their affairs. You seem to expect things there to be the same as in London. If you continue to do so, you are in for one heck of a disappointment. Have you ever visited Malta? Have you ever spent any time there? If not, again with respect, you cannot pas comment, just ask the questions and listen to those who know,

redmik wrote:

SMeddie, with respect, you seem to have unrealistic expectations regarding the way the  Maltese conduct their affairs. You seem to expect things there to be the same as in London. If you continue to do so, you are in for one heck of a disappointment. Have you ever visited Malta? Have you ever spent any time there? If not, again with respect, you cannot pas comment, just ask the questions and listen to those who know,

Hi redmik -!

Sorry forgot to reply on this!

Yeah I was in Malta last year for 3 weeks. I loved the place hence this crazy relocation madness.

But I will try and take things at a slow pace, afterall you cant fully enjoy life in another country without adopting their ways.

Nonetheless, the ''straight talk'' is much appreciated.

Thanks
Meds

georgeingozo wrote:
SMeddie wrote:

Can someone please confirm if walk-ins are being dealt with.

yes to make an appointment, no to hand in your application form

That would be good enough for me for the time being! With an appointment confirmation, at least I could start with the registration for my boy at the primary school.
Which one is the correct address? 3 Castille Place, Valletta or Triq Sant' Orsla, Valletta, Malta?

Thanks!

I think its - 3 Castille Place, Valletta VLT 2000.Tel: 2200 1800 / 2200 1801Fax: 2200 1830

Well that's the one on the website - Unless the seasoned experts know otherwise! Better to confirm with Ricky, GnG, Toon or Red.

I'm going there monday morning. I'll let you know...

yes, Castille Place

Hi,

yes, Castille Place 3.

I walked past there today and it was surprisingly quiet .Only a few people waiting to be let in at 11 am - and a few police officers taking aggresive dark coloured people trying to run for the door into arrest. There was something like an African village in the side street with women and children waiting for something.

It seemed more like a Festa ! -))

I hope the EU's are just as disciplined -)))

Cheers
Ricky

Thanks for confirmation! Don't know why but for for some reason, the 2nd address came up on Google Maps when I was searching for that place.

Seat 0A wrote:

I'm going there monday morning. I'll let you know...

I am also thinking going there Mon Morning. We might cross to each other over there :cool:

they havent changed address yet although it is planned to eventually move to the evans building (the old id office) at some stage. Lets hope they announce that better this time

Well, I was there this morning at 05:15 😱
At 05:20 the door was opened for the cleaners and a concierge. They let the three of us in so we could sit in the foyer. At 07:00 it started to get busy and the people started to get restless.
At 07:30 we were allowed to go to the 2nd floor and it was like a stampede. Pushing and shoving took place. Nasty business. I managed to hold my ground having to push and shove a bit myself. One brit advised me to "not be polite, since you look like someone with manners" :-O
I got out at 08:45 with an appointment in August. Quite a spectacle. The Great Battle for Malta ;-)

Right, I got an update as well! :)

As I had a different appointment at Sliema at about 12:00, I have decided to go to the Citizenship Office, after that appointment.
Got there just after 1pm and in half an hour, I was out already and with my appointment booked for the 27th of August :D

To be honest, was quicker and easier that what I was expecting. There were about eight ppl in the queue (room 5) in front of me, but as 6 of them where refugees, the guy (not in a very polite way), told them to go back there next Friday. So, me and another lady who was before me, managed to get in straight away, so...happy days once again :)

Hopefully by next week, I will be able to register my soon to Mellihea's Primary School.

Thanks again for all the tips and advice provided ;)

Cheerio,
Antonio

Glad you had a better experience!

good on yer

Congs Antonio & Seat 0A

Since we are likely to be faced with this eResidence card/Appointment shambles until the end of 2013 – Can a Non-EU spouse look for employment before the e-Card is issued? I am asking on behalf of my other half, as she is a spouse of an EU Citizen!

Thanks

Hi SMeddie,

no.

I just happened to be at the ETC in Valletta today with my non-EU family member of an EU citizen to register her as self-employed.

The clerk already wanted to send her away until I made him aware that she is a family member of an EU citizen and has all the necessary documents and she actually is in their database!

This was the first time that she was actually processed at the ETC office in Valletta. Previously we always had to go to Hal Far and stand in line with non-EU (mostly African) citizens to get things processed.

They rely on the residence documents to proove any residence issues and work permit stuff!

Cheers
Ricky

Ricky (Thanks)

NO - Woohhh

That's a blow to the head -  But atleat you have told me. She is going to be crashed on this one. So all we have to do is wait and keep renewing her Visa - Right?