Ha Long Bay Cruises Food Shiite - HELP!

Gidday. I have been to Hanoi many times and we love it!  We have also done the Halong bay cruises a few times. and while they are great.... we always have the same problem... The food is western mish mash Shiite!  I am hoping to reserve a large vessel for our 50th Birthday.  We will book out the entire boat.  I am wondering if anyone can help with the following:-

A)  Can you recommend a boat with good VIETNAMESE food, we love Quan An non type food or better and we love street Bun Cha!

B) A number of boat companies have said I can hire the boat and bring my own chef.  Can anyone recommend a chef that would do this?

If its anything like HK, we dont book the tourist stuff off the i-web... so I thought you guys would be in the know....

Thx so much for your time...

happy to help with HK info! Or house swap!!!

Cheerio!
J

Hi fannypong!

Welcome to Expat.com!

Armand

fannypong.

Best you contact a likely boat online and ask if they will supply authentic vietnamese food.

Welcome to Hanoi Blog

Send PM i'll send details to your personal mail

You can easily request your own menu on boat from some boat tour agents such as Bhaya, Emeraude classic cruises

Hi there, good to hear that you like Vietnamese food :)

I used to work on a few  boat in Halong Bay, so if you interested you can check this one out, the boat called Jasmine, one of the boat in Halong cruise company, it served Vietnamese food. however you should contact them and check to make sure u get food u like.

i don't remember the website but it is easy to find ... go to google and u can search by the name of the company

Goodluck and hope you enjoy your trip!