Meeting for a drink on Saturday (11Feb) night ?

Hello everybody !

Me and my friend are French and newly arrived in Hanoi for an internship. As we are going to stay around here for 6 months, we would love to meet people !

We were planning to go somewhere and have a drink on Saturday night, anyone willing to join ? :)
As we don't know the city, maybe someone knows a nice place that he/she wants to make others discover ? Around Hoan Kiem lake would be convenient for us...

Waiting for your answers !
Claire and Karine

Hi Claire, that'd be awesome if we can have a few drinks at Saturday. I'd love to join. Where and when do you propose to meet at?

hi u. wellcome to Hanoi city. im live in hanoi city.nice to meet u. we are friends. my phone : 0972038208. if u go to Hanoi, u can contact for me.

hi claire it's a bit rush to make an appointment within 3 days isnt it? well you've already got my number, i think if a friend of mine makes it we'll glad to join, she arrived today.
oh if you prefer a drink there's this Apollon Bar right in the Cầu Gỗ street near the Hoan Kiem lake, pretty cozy, not loud and from the Cafe you have a certain view of the lake from above.

Anyways, no offence but i have something i would like to share. If I wanted to make an appointment i would be more detailed and specific:

- i would give ppl a hint about my idea when the meeting should take place, if not an exact time, it would be great if others are informed about approximate time 
- i would leave my number therefor others could contact me to be updated about changes of plan or even give you some advice from their knowing. In case i find someone annoying i still might block his/her number to avoid unwanted contacts.

last but not least, if we didn't make it to the meeting, i wish you and Karine fun time exploring Hanoi. Sure there'll be further meetings in the future organized from you experts ^^ Adios

hi guys! and nice too you!Claire and Karine
:) I'm Vietnamese and I've lived in HàNội(Hanoi) for 4 years. I gona graduate 5 months later.
HaNoi in Startuday night is very beaautifull escep Hoàn Kiếm lake.
there are somewhere very good. You will have a good night in Hanoi
Have a good day!:)

Hello everybody,

Yes, yes I know you are right Rojamin, but I hoped things would organize themselves as they usually do when you propose something (at least until now it worked for me :P). Anyway next time I will do it more carefully I promise !

Well, the plan is : we are meeting at Gecko at 7.30pm for dinner and after that we walk and find a nice place to sit and drink something.
Here is about the gecko :
http://newhanoian.xemzi.com/en/spot/1921/gecko-hanoi

Here is my phone number for those who want to join for the drinking part only : 01258838425

Sorry again for the non-organized thing !
I hope to see some of you tonight, maybe !

Hello everyone!
i know a address for all of you...i think..It is ok" Hanoi rock city - 27 / 52 Tô Ngọc Vân, Tây Hồ, Hà Nội. Performance. Passion. .....
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hanoi-Roc … 04?sk=info
It seems a little bit far but so good, you can drink, talk, dancing.....the price.....so good...
If someone wants to organize a meeting.....you try to visit that place!
Have a good time with all!

How nice you could make it weekly. Some friends and I (VNese) somtimes gather up Sunday nights,not always a certain place. Tmr we are going to Hanoi rock city,give me a shout if you wanna join :D we are glad to make new friends.
My number 0976200023

Hi, Nice to meet u Claire

@thedoctor- could you introduce yourself please? Thanks

Christine wrote:

@thedoctor- could you introduce yourself please? Thanks

Check My profile madam http://motohanoi.com.vn/forum/images/smilies/1/17.gif

Hello Claire,

I hope this thread hasn't died yet but if you are still in Hanoi, I would like to meet up for some drinks during my next trip at the beginning of May. Being on the road for work can get tiresome and meeting some new people would be most welcome! In fact, I have some local friends too who are about your age studying at one of the local universities I can invite.