Turkish glass mosaic lamps?

Can anyone tell where i can find  Turkish glass mosaic lamps in Jeddah?  Aside from Souq Ghurab that is ..

Hi,

There is a shop that sells Turkish traditional products (handmade and machinemade)incloding lapms in Arafat street  across the road from Munch ( between Al Hamra hospital and Hamada al Bahir Supermarket to your left hand going west).

They have nice things, but they are waaay overpriced even with their 50% discount. Just have a look and then make your decision.( expensive option).

One cheaper option is with Egyptians traditional lamps and those you can find  in a shop in Medina Road (Medina al Taliaa road ) just before King Saud Mosque. They have nice stuff and reasonably priced. (Cheaper option)

I also can tell you where to find Moroccan handmade traditional products including lamps :D. There is a shop called Fas Gates (Bawabit Fas) . It's across the road from Ayah mall end of Prince Sultan Street. (in-between option)

Cheers,

wow .. you know your lamps well enough :) ..

actually i didnt bother with the shop on arafat st. because i know its prettty expensive .. but i will check it after all..

Nas airlines is having a 900SR offer for Istanbul,so it could be a cheaper option..:D

Sometimes you can find nice lamps at the antique shops in the old airport area.  Now and then one of these shops will bring them in bulk and sell them there. So worth the visit, but you don't need me to tell you that you have to haggle and bargain to the bones.

Wow!I like the idea of flying to istanbul better .. hehe

I dont know those antique shops at the airport.. didnt know there were any .. but will check those too..

Thanks alot Ahmad :-)

There are few antique shops at the old airport area. They sell real antique stuff along with Counterfeited items, so you need to be careful when you buy things from there.

Take the Steen street going south and passing King Abdullah road (Wali Al Ahid) don't go over the Steen Bridge, but go underneath it and go left from the first traffic light (Sharafiyah traffic light). Drive for a bout 400m passing AlBaik to your right and you will find the shops there.( they are across the road from Ain Al Aziziah (Jeddah old water source) and the old airport monitoring station.

They only open after Maghrib, so from 7 p.m. -11 p.m.

thanks .. again :)