Ring for Engagement

good day, where can i buy a good ring for engagement? definitely a white gold ring. and how will i know that it is real or fake.?
thank you.

go to Balad gold souq, they can be trusted, plus they will give you receipt..... if you want diamonds with certificates (to guarantee the class of diamond you're getting), go to Milabar, if i got the name right.... they have a green and gold logo...

All Gold shops in Saudi Arabia are closely monitored by the high commission of gold keeping the quality of gold intact. So its safe to say that one can trust the gold quality here in Saudi. Al-Romaizan, Taiba, Damas and Lazurde are all trust worthy local gold manufacturer.

You can find Best prices in Balad and Yamama gold market in Kilo-2

One Idea is to buy a second hand Diamond engagement ring (if you are into that) from Al Shoula Market in Madinah Road( but there you need to know your business and to have knowledge on the original prices of the new rings with the same cut, quality and weight you are going to buy, otherwise they will take advantage of you..BIG TIME!)

Lots of good stuff in Jeddah International Market at reasonable prices.  For diamonds, insist on a certificate to ensure that the diamond is authentic.  The certificates are usually by the Gemological Institute of America (GIA), or by another similar body.  Or, get a loose diamond from one of the shops, and then have the ring made according to the design you prefer. (in case you can't find the right combination of a diamond you like with a ring you like)

There is one shop in Jamjoom Center off Palestine street that sells white gold.

Or Balad all the way.

ahmadaq wrote:

All Gold shops in Saudi Arabia are closely monitored by the high commission of gold keeping the quality of gold intact. So its safe to say that one can trust the gold quality here in Saudi. Al-Romaizan, Taiba, Damas and Lazurde are all trust worthy local gold manufacturer.

You can find Best prices in Balad and Yamama gold market in Kilo-2

Tagging onto this post - not about jewelry but about the gold itself.   Can you also by bullion or bar gold in the Souqs?  Understanding the close monitoring but the commission, how would one insure the gold is real/pure?  I'm looking for investment quality items.

Thanks for your input,

Rigger

Investment ;)

Yes you can buy gold bullion from the market, not all shops will sell it, but if you go to Balad Jeddah international  or Yamama you will find places that deal with this type of gold (usually they will have some small bullions at their window display).

Note that they will ask for your Iqama copy if you are buying more than SR45K-SR60K depending on your profession on your Iqama. Also know that the max you can carry-on with you to outside the country is SR60K worth of gold.

The  current fluctuations in gold price is risky+ the gold bubble had burst (on my opinion)  :huh:

Thanks for the input, Ahmadaq.

I agree, the gold bubble has burst, but still believe gold will remain a solid investment for the remained of my life. 

R