Rohini in Mumbai

I'm a Indian woman making plans to travel to Gothenburg this June. Since I've always been in love with Swedish music and culture, I wanted to visit the country at least once and make some friends. I work as an English teacher in an international school in Mumbai. I'm just looking for friends in general ... guys and girls. Wanted to explore Gothenburg with someone I can feel comfortable with. What do you work as in Sweden? Are you outgoing? Pls read my profile and write to me at malhotra.maria[at]gmail.com if you'd like to correspond.

Warm regards,
Rohini

Hello Rohini.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

So as to make it more visible, your post has been moved to the Gothenburg forum.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Goteborg (Guthenburg) is a cosy town , it is on the same side of Sweden which faces Norway & Denmark. The capital of Norway, Oslo, is a 4 hour train journey away, and Stockholm is around the same.

In Goteborg you could stroll the main road called Avenuen, which is gradually ascends up to a small square & statute at the top.
There are the cosy trams in Goteborg, there is a botanical gardens and a few things to see here & there, but it is not really a tourist spot - Stockholm is better known. Sweden is not mountanious like Norway, so you won't find that kind of sceneries, however you are interested in music & culture - and I am sure Sweden beats Norway on that one.

Goteborg is the 2nd largest city , and I have been there once, it was quite nice.