Looking for musicians and friends in Gothenburg (from February!)

Hi guys,

I am a London-based musician and entrepreneur's assistant and I am moving to Gothenburg in Feb 2013 to be with my girlfriend. I am looking to meet some cool new people, it doesn't matter whether you are Swedish or not or if you know the city well or not, I am just looking to start a new network in a city I'm not so familiar with.

I will be looking for work once I arrive, so of course if anybody has any tips or leads I would be very grateful to hear them! I am currently working as right hand man to a businessman in Kensington and I hate to leave that behind but the way I see it you gotta follow your heart sometimes! ;-)

I am also looking to meet as many musically minded people as possible as I have constantly been in bands for the last 8 years and I do not want this to stop. So get in touch if you're looking to jam...

I am going to be looking into the Swedish for Foreigners course when I get there as my Swedish skills are far from impressive, but if there are any Swedes who fancy trying out their English skills and don't mind teaching a few things about their own language give me a yell.

Thanks,
Tom

Hi Tom! Welcome to expat-blog

Thank you for this nice introduction :)

You will surely find some jobs offers in section jobs in Gothenburg. Hopefully this would help ;)

Also feel free to browse through forum Gothenburg, you might find some interesting threads and meet nice people.

Best of luck,
Melissa

Hi Tom,

I just moved recently to Gothenburg, I'm looking for people to jam with as well .

Drop me an email once you are here.

Good luck
Omar

Hi Tom,

I just moved back to Sweden from the UK.
I might not be able to help you with the music part, but if you just want to meet up and start a social life again - feel free to give me a shout once you're here!

Take care,
Wilhelm

Hey Tom,

I'm in the same situation as yourself, moving to Gothenburg to be with my boyfriend in February and looking for a job straight away! I'm from Ireland and play loads of trad music, nothing like the London scene I'm sure but good enough ;-) any advice on where or how to go about getting work? I hear it's all about connections!