Coming over i april

Hi every body,we are so excited to be building a villa there in canggu,and move over by the end of the year,we will be retiring there and can not wait to explore the rest of the island.we live on the gold coast for now awaiting to sell our house.we do have a balinese family that live there know them  very well so we do have some friends but welcome making more.we want to learn indonesian too.as son as our permit comes through which should be in march we will start building and come over.we found out that we will need a kitas for our belongs to be excepted in there.get the kitas there in bali and must be shipped within 3mths and we have to be there at the shipment yard when arrives,is that correct?also can we bring in furniture(bali) i was told it wouldn't be worth it,also to send back here is very expensive?what do you do for health insurance?so far i have just had it on my credit card.i have tried to read up and ask when i'm there things that we can think of,but is there any thing else we should know?i do have a  contractor he does the architect drawings too,but is there any one that can be recommended just so we can get other ideas.and price.thank you  Jan pete

Hi Pete

My name is Desy and living in Jakarta but graduated from Melbourne.  It is nice to hear that you are going to live in Bali after retiring.  Bali is a great and exotic place for living and believes me that your days would be exciting there.

Yes you are correct that you need kitas for living in Indonesia.  If only you live in Jakarta than I might be able to help you as I used to be Personal Assistance to expatriates and handling these things.  Regarding health insurance in fact for local people not many thinks insurance is necessary.  However, most foreigners or expatriates think this is important.  There are many health insurance in Indonesia, such Prudential or AIG. So what I did before for my superior was to arrange SOS insurance.  So you might be able to ask your contact in Bali about SOS insurance.

About build a villa I might recommend you my husband.  He is a civil engineer and together with his friend he has company contractor.  My husband also expert enough building either house, villa or building either with modern or traditional architecture design.

So Pete, if you like to discuss more details about building your villa or anything else then feel free to contact me.

Best Regards
Desy

mobile :  0815.881.881.2
email  :  [email protected]

Hello Desy this is Jan here we both thank you very much for replying so nice to hear from someone there,well jakarta,nearly there.
we do have plans and a contractor but was just wondering what other builders,contractors charge a sq metre for building.ours is 4.4million,but i guess it depends on what they use etc.
Thanks for the information too.
regards jan

can any one tell us if there is a road cycle club there in bali.i have seen some riders out in brawa beach heading to seminyak or near about.i ride and want to join when we come and live there,some months away yet though.thanks hollywood