So, who's in Drammen? Also, registration question

I'll be moving there in the next few months (just found a place) and since I'll be working at home I'm interested in finding some people who might be up for meeting for lunch or .. pretty much anything. I'm early 30s, moving for my German fiance's job and so I can help my Icelandic company with our Norwegian customers.

I've only been to Drammen once so this is all a bit thrilling, but I'm familiar with Norway and Norwegians through my work the past 6 years. Although I've got a few local friends, knowing a few more people would be fantastic.

Finally, does anyone know approximately how long it takes to register fully in Norway? I'm an Icelandic citizen, moving with a job. Based on what I can determine, I have to prove both of these with work contract & passport, but how long does it take after I provide both and register with the police before I have an FNR/DNR and am in the system?

Hey,

I can't help you for the friends side as I am not in Drammen. As for registration, being withing the Nordic council, it will take around 5 days from the time you have submitted the document to the police. I guess you know you can take the appointment online, even before you arrive.

wow, that's quick! Thanks for the info. I checked out the immigration portal to see if I had to pre-register and it seems that I can't even do anything on the site until I'm there.

I know there have been some people who've posted in the Norway forum who live in Drammen but I guess they're not regular readers here. Too bad!