Possible Move to Thailand

Hello everyone,

Well, I was interested in moving to Bangkok once I get my Master's degree and it appears that I'm more likely to get a job in the capital city.  My father is Thai but I've never visited Thailand with him. None of his relatives live in the capital. I want to be closer to my family but I'm also young and educated. Basically, I'd like to know what the 'atmosphere' of the capital city is like from the view of people who live/lived there. Is it cosmopolitan mixed with centuries of tradition?I'm a good girl who will just be working and living. Is there a law against punching 'foreigners' if they treat me like a prostitute? :D

Thank you!

No law punch them Hard !!!  just a joke !Some people need on this site take every word seriously !lol welcome

Huh?

My best advise to you, is 'JUST DO IT'
Seriously you wont be able to get an answer that validates your question here. Most of us who already live here in Bangkok love it, many of us came here not knowing what on earth we will do when we get here, or how to stay here. but where there is a will there is  a way. the fact that you are Half Thai will make life much easier to integrate here, Just do it, and if you dont like it do something else.

Thanks everyone!

Met a young man from South Caroline who had a farang father and a Thai mother.  He didn't speak a word of Thai, and looked pure Thai.
He had a lot of funny stories about taxi drivers in Bangkok trying to understand he didn't speak Thai.  You will run into problems with rude men anywhere in the world, Keep a low profile and ignore.

Because of your education and your degree you should have no  problem finding a job. Unless you hang around me bar streets you should have no problem with foreigners hitting on you as a bar girl! I I would say of because your education you could find a school to where you could be an English teacher and should give you the opportunity of getting a better visa! Bangkok is a beautiful town and you should have no problem. It luck in your venture

Hello,
  My name is Doug Davis and I'm from Texas. I've been living in Bangkok for the past couple months and the people here are very nice so I don't think you have to worry about anyone treating you badly. I've learned the Thai folks won't talk to you unless you talk to them first & they also want to avoid confutation.