BORED!!!!!!

Any suggestions of what to do in Tripoli. Been to city centre about a million times! Going to venture out of Tripoli at some point and do some sight seeing but need to find something to do to fill my time during the week after 2pm...

you should make a new friends here if you stay here ,,, you can to join in Gym club .. that is good for you and ur free time .. good luck

Welcome to the most boring country in the world, as you've probably realised there's nothing to do, the UK/European expat scene is dead at the moment, hopefully come summertime it will pick up -

Sightseeing, apart from the obvious ones Sabratha/Leptis Magna - I wouldn't risk it

Johnnyc1967 wrote:

Any suggestions of what to do in Tripoli. Been to city centre about a million times! Going to venture out of Tripoli at some point and do some sight seeing but need to find something to do to fill my time during the week after 2pm...

Thats a fantastic idea... make some good friends and thats it. :)

Agree with Fuzzy ... unfortunately, there's not much choice. I got impression there are expats around, but they 're all behind the locked doors at home, after 4 p.m. 
Any idea what happened to british club, at Saraj ?   Before it was working so good.  ... ah, good old times ...
:/

any Poker gathering happening??

zlatan wrote:

Agree with Fuzzy ... unfortunately, there's not much choice. I got impression there are expats around, but they 're all behind the locked doors at home, after 4 p.m. 
Any idea what happened to british club, at Saraj ?   Before it was working so good.  ... ah, good old times ...
:/

Where was the british club? My villa is near to the the Petro Canada compound - apparently pre revolution the "street" was a hive of expat activities but now there's only me and my neighbour who only comes for a couple of weeks every two months or so

I don't have idea Fuzz ....  It was on Seraj, nice villa , closed compound, ... and of course without a road on approach

What about sport? Me and my workmates are planning to play football but the problem is to find out where we can buy good ball for football and probably volleyball and buy this equipment. Any idea about some sport shops?

I am interested in a gym in Tripoli, but have to be for expat's not local .... any suggestions, even interested in football !!

There is a sports shop at Hai Andalus near Bank Aman. I am sure you will get Soccer ball as well as volleyball.

I pass by that shop everyday. If you want I can check out and let you know.

Warsi

Shukran for offer to check that shop but I've already bought the ball. In the shop near former Russian school

Lucky you, if you got playmates for soccer.I'm not very much fond of it, swimming is my favourite. But I can't imagine what will I do in summertime,since all good places at seaside are empty ... Jogging is an alternative, but the same problem exists: no companionship + exposure to weird spectators ...

You work until 2pm and still complain :)

Play Tennis!
I know some courts and looking for advance players to hit some balls

Don't get it ... I've noted "after 4 pm" ...

vegasmap wrote:

You work until 2pm and still complain :)

Embassy club relocated to the same compound as where the embassy staff are living, saves on additional security. Expat gym at the Bustan, plenty of expats about, you need to get out there more, I'm fully booked for the two weeks I am in country...
Stay safe guys

Thanks ...  I'll visit Bustan sometimes. As up to the Club, glad to hear it still exists! Unfortunately, my friends Brits are not in Libya any more, so I am not allowed to get in without one of them. ..   are there still good old Thursdays nights ?

Not much in the way of social life is there! ... really just a case of getting know some people and makig your own entertainment.

I'm coming back either this weekend or early next week, my villas out of the way and I have easy access to anything needed for a social evening, if everyone else is interested we can arrange something

:D .. good, there's initiative... I'm interested in. Others?

too

even worse for women here
no whereto go and not be stared at

I can well believe that! - we have a Moroccan colleague who gets grief all the time

alynne229 wrote:

even worse for women here
no whereto go and not be stared at

veen worse have had my daugthers molested leaving their school headmaster says there iss nothing he can do

must be very tough for all of you

Are Canadians allowed entry at the Embassy Club? Is there special evenings?
I'd appreciate any advice

vegasmap wrote:

Are Canadians allowed entry at the Embassy Club? Is there special evenings?
I'd appreciate any advice

Unfortunately there is no Embassy Club nor are Embassies hosting special events any more

I'll join in for a Poker game. Let's get our own party started :-)