Single woman living in Tripoli

I'm applying for a senior position in a new hotel opening in Tripoli soon.

I'm a single female, so the previous posts about husbands, children blah blah don't apply to me.

I lived in Doha and have travelled throughout the Middle East and other parts of the world, so Libya doesn't worry me. I'm adventurous and know how to handle attention from men.

Is there many single expat females there, or is it all married women. I need someone to go out with! I'm Australian.

Cheers.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=51984

Look for "welcome group for expat women".. a good start. It or Tripoli Hash House Harriers

I'm single female too! Won't get much of our kind here though as most expat women working or not, are here with family.

avaritia7 wrote:

I'm a single female, so the previous posts about husbands, children blah blah don't apply to me.

I lived in Doha and have travelled throughout the Middle East and other parts of the world, so Libya doesn't worry me. I'm adventurous and know how to handle attention from men.

Is there many single expat females there, or is it all married women. I need someone to go out with! I'm Australian.

Cheers.

Surprising to me, but I have met a lot of single women here and women who came with their husbands and work.  I was surprised how many women are working here.  Not me. 

I have plenty to do to keep occupied and groups, etc.

Try: Tripoli Expat Womens Group

Thanks for the advice! I'll see if an offer comes through and will be in touch.

Cheers,
Ava

Looks like you'll be fine in Libya, since you mentioned that you are adventurous and know how to handle attention from men. You've also got experience living in Arab countries, so I am pretty sure you realize fully well that once you step off that plane, you'll become Miss Australia here :)

If you get the job, go to the Australian Consulate and meet Tom.  They organise functions and know  who is here. You should register your address or work place, so far they have been useless. The British Embassy is no better. Bring at least a mini mal, Sheila. Bruce.

do not worry ..you be OK here
i am Libyan .and i work in Italiano UK NOLAND COMPANY AND many single girl work with me ,,and they feel safety here ..
welcome in Libya;)

Ausse girls very brave and strong

Hi Avarita & Rocko,  good to see that I'm not the only one!  I guess you'll be heading to Terabulus tho.... I'll be in Benghazi (in December). We we might be able to get enough girls to start a "single chicks" group! hahaha

GISgirl, yeah i guess we could. I usually hang out with families and I get totally lost when they discuss about school, parent teacher conferences, the kids, the husbands, and trimester dos and donts. They ar

Due to slow internet connection (be prepared for this at times), only a partial of my message "stuck". Anyway, welcome aboard to L Land!

hi ava,

im a single woman working as an architect in tripoli, i just arrived. we might have a bit in common. im south african. contact me when you get here and we could arrange something.

Ella

avaritia7,
I'll be staying in London for a couple of days before I get to Libya.  Can you suggest a good yet cheap hotel?  I would like to see a few sites before I head up to Newcastle and then on to Cairo and Libya.  I have never been to London and will land at Heathrow.  What's the best way to get around?

GISgirl wrote:

avaritia7,
I'll be staying in London for a couple of days before I get to Libya.  Can you suggest a good yet cheap hotel?  I would like to see a few sites before I head up to Newcastle and then on to Cairo and Libya.  I have never been to London and will land at Heathrow.  What's the best way to get around?

Try booking.com the prices are much cheaper than the rack rates quoted on the hotel sites.

The best way to get around is by public transport - either bus or tube. Buy a day ticket which is valid for both.

Sandman6 wrote:

The best way to get around is by public transport - either bus or tube. Buy a day ticket which is valid for both.

Yup, I think it's a one day travel card, buy it after rush hour and it's cheaper.

do u mind going out with a man???

C'mon big boy

faithfulboy12 wrote:

Well who knows, let's start with a few drinks and a bit of conversation. If we seem to click, we could move onto a little eaterie, then maybe coffee , dancing and more.

I'm 6ft 2in, 120kgs, in to rugby union and brass rubbing. You ?

You seem to have mistaken this for Craigslist. Jog on son.

faozy ail wrote:

hi iam male from libya and im single like you im 30 so if want some one to be with you im here if want send to me this my amila  [email protected]

avaritia7

Here you go, this is an offer you can't refuse, you've got a boyfriend waiting even before you arrive to Libya.

Lucky you :top:

To avaritia7

Hello! I really admire women like you.  Strong and courageous and do not mind living in a foreign country alone.  I too will be going to Libya to live there but unfortunatley for you I am married.  I wish you the best of luck.

faozy ail wrote:

hi iam male from libya and im single like you im 30 so if want some one to be with you im here if want send to me this my amila  [email protected]

Nice work slick. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Faithfulboy and Faozy ail,

Expat.com is not a dating site! and by the way, the originas poster says clearly in her message:

Is there many single expat females there, or is it all married women

All others please let's go back to the initial subject of this discussion! :whistle:

Thanks to all!
Arlette

Personally, I think it is funny as hell!  "unfortunatley for you I am married"  From the sounds of things, Libya is not the most entertaining of places... and I just laughed my @$$ off at that one.  I wonder if it gets any better in person?

Hi...I'm a single woman here and yes, it can be tough.  Let me know if you want to meet up ....  I'll send you my contact details.

faozy ail wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:

..and...

:lol::lol::lol:

Ok, so far it looks like Rocko and Patricia899 are the only ones "in country" as of yet.  I'll be there baring any incidents in a couple weeks.  How about you Avarita7?  Have you heard anything more about the offer?

Sorry ella.za I forgot you!

Hi all! Thanks for the very kind advice and offers of joining people for group dinners, showing me around (except the boyfriend/marriage ones :S). I won't know if I have an interview until January. Will update then! I'm surprised at how many females live there, that is reassuring.

Thanks again and hope you all had a wonderful Eid!

Mudman wrote:
faithfulboy12 wrote:

Well who knows, let's start with a few drinks and a bit of conversation. If we seem to click, we could move onto a little eaterie, then maybe coffee , dancing and more.

I'm 6ft 2in, 120kgs, in to rugby union and brass rubbing. You ?

You seem to have mistaken this for Craigslist. Jog on son.

hahaha, faithfully yours:)

Mudman wrote:
faozy ail wrote:

Nice work slick. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

man, can't stop myself thinking s
about a phoney female tolga account (call it olga:) and pull some legs, than gather around watch and laugh:)

even better, let's try desperate1971:)

This Faozy tried to join my women's group several times.  He messaged and propositioned me on Facebook -- not a friend.  I reamed him out and then he changed his name but kept the same picture and tried to befriend me again on Facebook.  LOL

I laughed so hard.

Sea Angel wrote:

He messaged and propositioned me

I read this as 'massaged', one track mind.... :D

Mudman wrote:
Sea Angel wrote:

LOL  Sure that's what he wanted.

who would turn down a free massage?!

not sure who asked above about hotels in london close to heathrow
try looking around Hyde Park ..priced at 35 - 60 pounds
book first night in advance as sometimes full...cheapest is 35 pound, small room in basement ...
all hotels around Hyde Park are safe and clean
if you need any names, location etc i can send them on, pretty easy to find them on the net though

Sea Angel wrote:
Mudman wrote:
Sea Angel wrote:

LOL  Sure that's what he wanted.

LOL and LOL. u 2 put me down on my knees laughing after a horrible day.:lol::lol::lol:

that should mean i am still good, libya's still good. cheers:)

Just arrived two weeks ago and aside from the interesting culture and couple of places I've visited, I hadn't found much more fun until I read this blog. No matter where you go, you're going to find The Cautious, The Gentle, The Curious, The Wise, The Adventurous, etc.. But the ones that really made me LOL were the Casanova's :dumbom:

faozy ail wrote:

HaHa, what an awesome way to introduce yourself! cant stop laughing, do you ever use this thing called brain....

avaritia7 wrote:

Cheers.

:up: