Private schools in mauritius/ importing a Rottweiler

Hi All

My husband has been offered a job in Mauritius and we pland to relocate at the end of March 2010. I'm concerned about the schools though as I can't seem to find a private high school where the schoolyear starts in January and not in September. Does anyone have advice or maybe the name of a scholl that I can contact? Secondly we want to bring our Rottweiler with but according to certain websites they are not allowed in Mauritius. I have e-mailed the government office working with importing pets but have so far had no reply. Any help will really be appreciated.

Charmaine

Regarding schools. What ages are your kids? There are very good private schools in Mauritius. Regarding your Rottys, my friend is the president of the Rottweiler club in Mauritius. There are 1200 Rottweiler in the club. You can send me a private message.

Lighthouse Primary School. My son is there and they start from January but they only have 1st and 2nd grades as they started last year.

http://www.lighthouseprimaryschool.org

Thanks so much for the info you guys. I'm so glad that we will be able to take our Rotti with, he is like the baby in the house! My daughters are 8 and 11 and are in grades 3 and 6 now (in SA). Can anyone suggest a decent private school? The school fees are not a problem as it will be paid by the employer.

Thanks

It depends on where you will be staying on the Island.

Morning Star School is very central, in Trianon.  You can check they out in the business directory, or on their website.