LLP from London

Hi there!

Anyone got any experience applying for long life partner visa for as from the uk? My partner and I have been together for 4 years and we have decided to move I his home town, cape town. He has started his job there and I'm waiting for some paperwork ie police clearance before I can send off my application. Just wondering if anyone can help me with a couple of questions as I can't get hold of home affairs in London.
1. On form 1738 which visa u select as LLP?I assumed relatives but appear antsy u can't get a work endorsement with that?
2. Do you send in you passport and original birth certificate and police clearance, or are certified copies good?
3. Do u need to send in copies of everything in addition to the original forms?
4. Will they accept cheque payment and should I bring it to home affairs or send it to them.

Thanks for everyone's help in advance!

Hello Daphne33.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hope other members will be able to help you.

Thank you,
Aurélie

If you already have a job offer, then they will need to leave the categories blank and apply for a section 11 (6), which is a visitor's permit with work authorization on the basis of a life partner relationship with a South African Citizen.

1)      If you are planning to apply for a life partners permit in London first, then only once you have arrived in Cape Town, you want to get the permit endorsed, then you need to apply for a section 18 – Relatives permit now. Once you have received a job offer in Cape Town, you would then need to submit an application for a change of status and apply for a section 11 (6).

2)      If you are couriering your application into the embassy or sending RMSD,  you need to send in your original passport, as they issue the permit in your passport. You only need to send in a certified copy of your birth certificate.

3)      You definitely need to send in a set of copies of every document submitted.

4)      All payment must be in a form of money order or bank certified check.

Thank you for your message! That is really helpful.
No job offer yet, haven't really focused on that too much yet as first just want to get the visa sorted and get to SA and than ill focus on that!
I do hope that if I send I'm my passport is doesn't take long than 30 days as mentioned on home affairs SA London embassy website otherwise I can't even leave the uk.
Again thank you!

I recently applied in London and couldn't leave my passport with them because I had to travel for work.  I dropped off the documents in person, and got given a date when my visa would be ready (3 weeks later).  If you don't need your passport immediately you should be fine to send it; but if you are near London and can go in person you have that option.