Life Partner Permit

Hi there,

I have a South African partner and I applied for a life partner visa 4.5 months ago and it still pending and I get no indication on how long it still is going to take. Anybody have experience on how long this permit takes? I have been told without it my chances on the South African market are close to nill. Would be really greatful if someone could help me out here

Khalid

Hello Khalid and welcome to the forum.

I invite you to take a look at the different discussions of the forum, they may help.;)

Good luck,
Harmonie.:)

Hi Khalid,

I got mine in the UK but I have a friend here who is currently in the same position. He has been waiting about 3 months with no word of when it would be ready and he did it through a visa company too.

Apparently the best thing you can do is just call the visa office everyday. There seems to be no method to their system so just keep bugging them!

Treat it as a hobby and accept the fact it is not overnight!

It took me a few months to get mine and the system is a lot better than it used to be!

I have a life partner visa which I am now changing to a spousal visa. It took just over 3 months to get the last one through. I am hoping this one will be inside 3 months this time.

Trying to find out any information other than 'It is pending' is an almost futile task. It is definitely a waiting game. I went down to Home Affairs every other week and almost fell over when they said it had arrived.

Good luck and I am afraid I can only say just be patient!

Hi there, i can only agree, call them everyday, pop by whenever you can and don't give up.It will come through eventually.I know the feeling

Hi everyone,

thanks so much for your responses. I have heard so many dreadful stories about applications being lost and people having to reapply 3-4 times for the same permit. So I am wondering when I should consider reapplying if at all and if I should do it from Germany ( maybe that is quicker.

Thanks again

Khalid

Are you in Germany now? I applied for mine in the UK and it took 10 days so if you can apply at home I would do that. However not sure if you can have 2 applications going at once or how you would withdraw the other one.

Well I would withdraw my pending one. I just dont know if that is possible....and then reapply from Germany...anyone have an idea?

Think it might be possible but how long it would take who knows!