Visa App

Hello, I have just recently been offered a job in Abu Dhabi and I will be moving out in 1 month...and also my boyfriend will be moving out at the end of May (after he finishes his degree).
He hasn't unfortunately been offered a job, which I fortunately have.  What is the best thing for him to do?
Come out for a month on a visitors visa? and then if he finds a job in that month apply for a living and working Visa.  Or just apply for a living and working Visa straight away, pay all that money upfront, then just hope he finds a job? Will it look abit suspicious and will he get questioned if he hasn't found work straight away but he has applied for a living/working VISA. This prob sounds really obvious, I just wanted someones opinion or if anyone has been in this situation. Thanks

Hello frankiek.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Hope other members will be able to help you soon.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Your friend cannot legally 'buy' a living visa in UAE.  He has to find a sponsor, who can be an employer, parent or a school/college where he is enrolled.  This sponsor has to get him a residence Visa (which is subject to certain conditions including a medical check).  You cannot sponsor a friend.  At best he can visit for short duration, even that requires sponsorship by airline, hotel or someone else - may need refundable deposits.

Thank you for your reply and help.

mjrv wrote:

Your friend cannot legally 'buy' a living visa in UAE.  He has to find a sponsor, who can be an employer, parent or a school/college where he is enrolled.  This sponsor has to get him a residence Visa (which is subject to certain conditions including a medical check).  You cannot sponsor a friend.  At best he can visit for short duration, even that requires sponsorship by airline, hotel or someone else - may need refundable deposits.

Rubbish...

If he has a UK passport then he can do a visa run to Oman each time for a renewal.