Visa Screening in Abu Dhabi

Dear fellow expat,

I am Ryan from Singapore and seeking employment in Abu Dhabi. I have got a position as IT software designer but i understand that it is a requirement in UAE to have compulsory VISA health screening as part of the VISA application process.

Can any kind souls provide me on possible health screening centres that can provide such service. If i din't remember wrongly, there is this SEHA company?

THanks in advance

Hi Ryan, in my case- I came to Abu Dhabi with husband's visa (pre visa- it was just a piece of paper). After few days I had to go to Abu Dhabi health Service (SEHA means ‘Health in Arabic') , it's a Gov organization, for health screening to get the health insurance card. It was a requirement for the insurance company to provide me the CARD along with my husband.

If you are coming here with a Job in hand, I believe your company can direct you where to go and what you need to do- if you are in AD already! Are you?

Hope it helps.

M

Hi Youan, welcome to Expat.com and this forum! :)

If you come here with a work contract in hand, it's your employer who will deal with all formalities from requesting your work permit/resident visa, health check and whatsoever.
They will then direct you whereever you have to go. Don't worry about that!
Cheers
Arlette

Hi Arlette,

Thanks for your response. Just for information sake, have you been to any of the screening centres?

How was your experience on the service as a whole? I ehard from some of ym friends about their unpleasant experiences.

Regards,
Ryan

Hi M,

Thanks for your response =)

Hi Ryan,
Yes I did of course: everybody applying for a resident visa has to go through this but it went swiftly for us (women hé!). We didn't have to stand in lines till outside. It went quite fast in the different stations: X-Ray it took 10 mins waiting and 10 secs to do the X-Ray and then the blood test.
No I have to say it was ok.

I did my medical yesterday. AED 350 for the Fast Track service, took a maximum 10 mins all done and I get the results Tuesday. I'd imagine the standard service at AED 250 would take 40-50 mins judging from the queues of people.

Is there any medical consultation with the doctor?

Hi Arlette,

I have partial medical background. Do you still recall what are the relevant blood tests that were done?

In addition, what are the main components of this whole screening procedure?

Hey Youan

One of the blood test was HIV, and chest xray(i cant really remember). In the UAE, HIV positive people r not eligible to get Residence permit (if I am not wrong). But it simply should be someone's private matter .If this is true then it's obviously a discrimination. I am completely against it.  Where the society is not inclusive democracy cant be practiced...

The medical exam is as follows:

1) Stand up straight, pull up your shirt and show the doctor your stomach, turn around and show your lower back, raise arms out and show the palms and back of hands. No touching or prodding involved.

2) Blood taken to analyse for HIV/HBV/TB

3) Chest X-ray

No medical consultation involved.

Dear Sandman,

Thanks for the real detailed description. YOu mentioned that there is no consultation, but the physical examination will still be done by a doctor right?

Hardly what I'd describe as a physical examination...but yes, it's carried out by a doctor

Strange! We just had the X-ray and blood taken, that's all! Never saw a doctor!

FeeAcer wrote:

Strange! We just had the X-ray and blood taken, that's all! Never saw a doctor!

RAK vs Ab Dabs? Who knows, there is no method to the madness here!

No Sandman, I had mine in Dubai (was staying for one month in Dubai upon arrival; our move to RAK was decided later)!

:offtopic: congrats on your new status : VIP wow !!!

VIP

The act of riding in the back seat of a car when the front passenger seat is available.

Tommy: "Do you want to sit up front?"

Tony C: "No, it's cool. I'm gonna ride VIP."

hi.. I'am a newbie here.. I just want to ask anyone regarding visa medical requirement.. my recent chest ray shows that i have very tiny lung calcified granuloma in my left lung. All confirmatory for TB was done including AFB culture and smear and the result was negative for mycobacterium however my chest xray had those remarks. my pulmonologist here in my country issued me fit to work abroad. can SEHA grant me working visa with the above condition?? I'am a HAAD_RN holder.

I also hear about medical waiver.. How was it? any ideas??
thanks..
hope you could help me out..

Yes it's seha for medical test.

yup.. can SEHA consider my case??negative for AFB culture and smear though has a very tiny calcified granuloma seen.