DUI and Work Visa

My employers are looking to send me to Kuwait as our business is expanding to the middle east. I am so excited! I was looking over the application process for a work visa and noticed they need police records. Will a recent DUI conviction eliminate me as a possible candidate?

Hi beautifuldisast3r!

Welcome to Expat.com!

Armand

Nope you will be fine, murder rape drug dealer etc are what they will be looking for to withdraw your visa. You be unable to reoffend as it's a drink free state!

drink free? oh vindaloo you're so new :P

Sorry old topic but did you end up being able to work in Kuwait?

Yes actually!

I worked over there for 2 years. They asked for a police record so I went to my local police office and got a statement of non-conviction which is all that was needed. I don't believe any further background checks were administered. I believe they can only check interpol's list which includes major crimes as mentioned above.

authorities only require a police report issued by ur local police and same has to be endorsed by kuwaiti mission along with health certificate after u get a visa isdued these two certificates are requited to stamp a visa in yr passport before travelling to kuwait.but nothing required at the time of issuing a work visa except a work petmit which yr employer will get it approved from ministry of social afairs and labour.on the basis of this work permit it wl take a day to issue a visa .

Question, I know this is an old post, but does a DUI charge reduced to reckless driving over 10 years ago, qualify for a letter of non-conviction?

Suppose it differs from country to country. In South Africa you can get a dui remived from your name if you have not repeat offended.