KNIT YOUR WAY INTO THE NEW YEAR

Due to popular request I am starting a knitting group. All skill levels--we will even teach you to knit!

Thursday, January 3rd, at 7:00 pm.  I would also be willing to do one in the afternoon at say 2:00 so that those that can't make one can make the other. Once we get organized we can try to find a time that works for as many as possible.

Pass the word, I also teach both knitting and crochet and do just about all of it including lace. 

If you are interested send me an email at mrellan.harahan[at]gmail.com  and I will send you my address.  Be sure to let me know what time is best for you.

Mrellan Harahan

Hi,

thank you for keeping the thread alive. I have sent you an email couple of days ago, however I am not sure you have received it (have not got an answer yet).
I would be happy to lend crochet hooks, needles or give some yarn if anyone interested.

Happy New Year and I am looking forward to Thursday

Evi

hi
did the knitting group get started up where and when I would be very interested I have just moved to malta  and have been following the forum whilst in the uk
many thanks
susan

Hi,

not really, but new year new resolutions. As you already know I am about to set up a shop/workshop and when ready I want to start a knitting club as I will have the space. We will be ready to open before the end of March.

Evi

hi Evi
did Mrellan not manage to start hers then? there was so much interest last year and I was jealous cos I wasnt here, lol
Hows yours progressing? and where will it be at? Im sorry I know youve already told me but there is so much going on with us at the moment keeping track of it all..... definately an age thing.
regards susan x

Hi,

I have not advertised it yet, because I haven't got the keys to our place yet. But the landlord is optimistic and is going to be ready before the end of February. The shop is going to be in Gzira, very close to the seafront, so easy to find and and easy to get there.

Evi

o0o I love knitting and crochet but im a mummy so dependant on times I sometimes cant make it to things. I will keep an eye out for details of this and hopefully I can pop along when we move over.

hi evi
well i will just have to keep my ears and eyes open unless we get a chance to meet up as I know you are going to be very busy.
regards
susan

Corrin,

I have I have two small children as well, fortunately they are in school in the mornings now, but I am planning to offer some child friendly gathering as well.

Susan,

let me know when you have settled at your new place. I really would like to meet you sometime.

Evi

pevi that would be great!

Is there much need for knitting and crocheting over there though (?) I was feeling slightly gloomy that i've just got into it and now i'm potentially moving to a country where there isn't a great need for knit wear ;)? Im thinking I might need to find myself some lovely cotton yarns. Are you opening a knitting shop? You may have just volunteered yourself as my best friend ;)

My son will be in nursery when we make the move (probably summer school by the time we move over) but I will have my 1 yo who I wont have anyone to leave with in the day time and is notoriously unsettled in the evenings. Putting her in a room with people with pointy things is a recipe for disaster.

pevi wrote:

Susan,

let me know when you have settled at your new place. I really would like to meet you sometime.

Evi

will do evi, looking forward to it. :)

Hi Corrin,

not really a yarn shop (although I would like to source and sell some yarn, as unfortunately Malta lacks quality yarns on sale. I know that everything can be ordered on the internet, but I am old school, I want to touch:)).

What right now I am planning and hopefully open in couple of weeks time is a workshop, where we plan to offer arts/crafts courses for children and adults, sell products made by local artists, but also offer a place for informal gatherings like a knitting club.

I will keep you posted.

Evi