Looking for a fitness Center in Bangkok

Hey everybody!

I would like to go to a fitness center in Bangkok, near an MRT STATION and good price if possible. Any recommendation?

If its frequented both by thai and expats much better!

Thank you!!!

Enara

California WOW at Esplanade which is just right at the entrance of the MRT Thailand Cultural Center

California WOW is indeed a good chain but to be honest I prefer to use the gym in my condo tower.

I think most of the California WOW centers have closed due to bankruptcy. I go to True Fitness in the Exchange building across the street from MRT Sukhumvit station and BTS Asoke. 

It's a large club, good equipment, and a fair number of expats.  You pretty much need to sign a 1year contract, although with some persistence you can also get a 4-month contract.

gjschroeder wrote:

I think most of the California WOW centers have closed due to bankruptcy. I go to True Fitness in the Exchange building across the street from MRT Sukhumvit station and BTS Asoke. 

It's a large club, good equipment, and a fair number of expats.  You pretty much need to sign a 1year contract, although with some persistence you can also get a 4-month contract.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used to go to California wow,but it was closed right now! I have stopped my exercise for a long time,I wanna restart!!  so...excuse me,may I ask that,how much you pay for True Fitness?thank you so much.

For a 4-month membership, it's 8000 baht total.  The 1-year membership is around 1,500 per month I think. They will tell you there's a "joining fee" up front, but then they immediately drop that as a "discount" so you think you're getting a better deal. :)

I purchased the 4-month membership initially because I wasn't sure if I was going to be living in that neighborhood longterm.  When my 4 months are done, I'll switch to the 1year.

gjschroeder wrote:

For a 4-month membership, it's 8000 baht total.  The 1-year membership is around 1,500 per month I think. They will tell you there's a "joining fee" up front, but then they immediately drop that as a "discount" so you think you're getting a better deal. :)

I purchased the 4-month membership initially because I wasn't sure if I was going to be living in that neighborhood longterm.  When my 4 months are done, I'll switch to the 1year.

thank you for your reply.but!! what a big difference!! i asked true fitness in asok already,they told me if i wanna join,on the first month,i had to pay almost 5000 bath!!what's the matter? different people get different price?haha:)

It's probably worth trying to speak with a different person there. It sounds like there was likely some confusion. If you want to buy just a 1-month membership, I think that is 5000 baht. But they certainly shouldn't charge you that as a joining fee if you're signing up for a 1-year contract.

Fitness first is a good choice. there are 2 location that right next to MRT
1st is at Q house Lumpini to use this facility you need a platinum member ship but good thing about this place is you only need to carry a shoes and sock that's it. all the thing like towel will be prepare for you.

2nd is at Central rama 9 on 7th floor(normal club) you need to carry towel and your stuff there not like the one at Q house Lumpini

True Fitness
I have a friend working there, u can ask me any question

Check out Aspire, its under the BTS at ASoke across from Terminal 21. They have Crossfit there now and they have all sorts of other classes as well.

Mostly 20-30 somethings.