Lets have a Malaysian Nasi Lemak In Bangkok

To All Malaysian Friends,

I saw few Malaysians who are new to Bangkok and looking for friends in BKK.

I would like to suggest 2 places where you can meet Malaysian or Singapoean friends.

1) The Champions Sports Bar in Sukhumvit Soi 11 (24 hours)
2) Chili Padi in Silom (Near Mariamman Hindu Temple or Wat Uma Devi)

Myself and few other Malaysians usually gather in Champions on Fridays or Saturdays for Nasi Lemak or Curry Me...sorry no teh tarik.

if any of you wants to join us just drop me a note in this forum.

Thank you

regards
Vijay

When are you going there the next time ?

Hey Jaya,
Contact me if needed, I have sent you my phone number.
Regards
Silva

Hey Jayaarram
I thought that place Champion Bar soi 11 is full of Farang...anyway i missed our Nasi Lemak so much...the one in Secret Recipe is Thai style Nasi Lemak haha...which is owned by Malaysians...i've been to Chili Padi already..not bad the Malay food and roti canai. I would love to try their Curry Mee...the one in Thong Lo is terrible..i think for teh tarik go to JJ market is not bad by Thai Muslim..
I really want to meet up with Malaysian fellows...been here forever but never really catch up with our slang lah...headache when you try to communicate in English here except with Farang...
So what are you doing here for the past 17 years...you must have lots of stories to share about local stuff...
Please let me know which Fridays or Saturdays..don't mind meeting up with Singaporeans too..
I'm like a Rojak'Peranakan' by the way...
Hope to hear from you
Jude

dont know much of silom yet.
but that champion sport bar in soi 11 serve nasi lemak?
that will be good!

Yes they serve

Nasi Lemak
Nasi Goreng,
Singapore Laksa (actually it is Malaysian curry me)
Me Goreng (mamak style)
Char Koay teow
Satay

you must at Asian Menu.

will be there tonight.

have Man U and Liverpool match tonight at 9pm.  Hope I can get to watch Liverpool game there....

CuteNancy wrote:

When are you going there the next time ?

hi Nancy,

we will be at Champions tonight around 8pm. your are welcomed to join us anytime.

regards
Vijay

Oh i see you only invite lady lah...so how long have been here already?

Hi Guys,
Hope you all enjoy the makan session tonight.
Some of the replies are mixed up.
My name is Silva and have been here for over 17 yyers, rather then writing emails, give me numbers, mine is 0818196804
Regards
SIlva

Hi everyone here
When I was traveling in Kuala Lumpur for a few day, I ate some food in restaurant and night market Ramadan. I'd like to eat this foods : Char kuey teow, Pasembur ( mamak rojak ),  Hokkien Mee noodle, Nasi mandarin, Nasi le ak, satay,... I want to enjoy it more time, but I don't know anyplace to eat in Bangkok. Champion open everyday at afternoon ? Because I can't go outside a lone at evening. :)

Jude Law Son wrote:

Oh i see you only invite lady lah...so how long have been here already?

no lah bro! all Malaysians are invite to join....

I am in Thailand for almost 6 years. I was staying in Sriracha, Chonburi until last year. and now in BKK around 1 year.

So what about you?

Hi Jaya
I'm just like you...I've been here for about the same years...
I missed so many Malaysian food....when i see their local Roti here..i want to laugh haha...nothing like the real Roti Canai and the Nasi Lemak at Secret Recipe is Thai style...the best in KL was at Kg. Bahru..and so many more...maybe i will join your Nasi Lemak soon....ther's one thing one they don't seem to know is we are better in many ways..they think they are head of us....they only know about Farang and Malaysia is just next door only..

Cheers
Malaysia Boleh....

Hi Jaya,
I'm Malaysian who stay in Thailand nearly 10 years. Glad to hear that there are some Malaysian food sell in BKK.
I know Silom there is one  Hindu temple call (wat khea) is that the one you mention or is there any other in Silom?

I'm glad i found this site. Been looking for nasi lemak - missing it. But while searching for it online, there was mention of Cili Padi being closed.

Can someone verify if it is still opened? Also, once this commotion slows down - i'd be paying visit to Champion Bar soi 11 for sure!

Hi Raj,
Its in the same Soi ( Lorong) with the Amman Temple in Silom.
Do you know where the temple is,
http://www.srimahamariammantemplebangko … act-us.php
From the temple it is about 100 meters towards the Main Sathorn Road.
Call me if you need help, 0818196804
Regards
Silva

Yes sir. I've been there a couple of times.
I usually head down around 1730-1830hrs on Tuesdays (once or twice a month).
Then have my "Thali-set" meal in the small South-Indian restaurant. Although it has been almost 2 months since my last visit.
On Tuesdays -  i am vegetarian. Any idea the operating hours of the outlet?

Hi Guys,

I am Malaysian living in Bangkok for almost 2 years.  Looking for Malaysian friend that staying in Bangkok area to hang around.  I do have a good experience here in Expat.com to meet those Malaysian who are staying in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.  Till today, we are all good buddies.  I want to create the Malaysian team again in Bangkok.  Hope to hear from you all soon.

Hi guys... im a malaysian but will kinda start 'commuting' to bangkok regularly.. would love to meet up too at the cafe, but isn't Champion bar a bit 'farangish'? LOL... oh well.. in between raiding the horticulture market on tuesday nitez at Jatujak for exotic flower bulbs, or my product sourcing runs for work or taking the sloooow train everywhere (when when i miss my flights sometimes), im kinda free to catchup... add me on Line (+60122073329) or gimme a tinkle on my thai mob AIS  +66983078950.. cheers guys... and OH.., im coming up on 26th anyone needs spices / maggi me etc etc???  LOL

Hi Goh
I was just talking about Maggi mee over the weekend....If it's ok with you i miss Maggi Curry Laksa and Asam Laksa and also Tom Yum .....maybe one box each.Let me know how much is it,will pay you back.I would appreciate much for that.

Regards
Jude

Hi Fellow Msian,
I am Lawrence Chua, from Johor Bahru. Quite bored with Thai Food.
Can I join you guys for Malaysia Food. Where is you all usual meeting place and time.
Hope to mingle with you all guys for food, drinks and kopitiam talk.

Have you find Msian community? Please count me in??
I am new in Bkk and looking for friend to hang around and chat.

Hello

I am not Malaysian, but I grew up on the food (long story). I am now living in Bangkok and would really like to find some Malaysian hawker style food here. Mee rebus...har mee...(real) roti...muturbuk...nasi lemak...nasia goreng...(real) Laksa.

Please message me if anyone finds anything really good here. Thanks :)

Hi Sydney,
Malaysia hawker food is not popular here (Bkk)
Perhaps you need to find new taste bud like Japanese Food, India Food and etc.
Good luck and if you find one, please do share.

I also want to try Malaysia Food. Please advice me.

I'm here in champions bar..  When I mentioned Malaysia food they replied Singapore. Close enuff.. Win.

Only Nasi Lemak, hokkien mee, hainamese chicken rice.Close enuff. Ordered nasi Lemak..

Not too bad.. Not too bad at all..

Thanks!
Regs
Jake

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

Hi guys. I'm a Singaporean married with kids here in bkk.Would love to meet up with other fellow sings & m'sians!  :D

Hi there,

You can get good Malaysian food in  Chili Padi in Silom (Near Mariamman Hindu Temple or Wat Uma Devi)

regards
Vijay

Sorry i don't know what to call you...by the way this is my mobile; 080-7711866 or 087-0811008

You could call me anytime you want....

Best wishes

Nasi lemak is easy to make :D with sambal &  ayam goreng. All the ingredients are easy to get here in Bangkok.This morning I made chicken rice. Not as good as Boon Tong Lee but ok lah asal boleh makan & taste like chicken rice  :lol:

Ya..i agree with you lah...im sick of eating the chicken rice here....dry and sweet especially the sauce..it doesn't blend at all....anything to do with Thai food is always sweet especially noodles...sometimes it scares you the way they put spoons of sugar in their noodles soup....Hainanese Chicken Rice at Beach Road was always my favorite since the 90s...i don't no what is it called...by the way you learn to speak Malay so well...

Hi Jude,
Are you new here, where do you saty. This week is a long weekend, maybe we can find a spot to meet.
Regards
Silva

Hi Silva
By now i've been here seven years al;ready...i think i did responded to your Nasi Lemak thing some long time ago....so probably i might drop by if i could...i'm in tourism line so time depends on my schedule.Hey if you know any malaysians or Singaporeans need some advice or a Tour Guide....you could recommend them to me and in return there's something for you......anywhere in Thailand or any part of Indochina.....especially Bangkok...there's so much to offer

Regards
Jude

Ok, my number is 0818196804
Apologies, I did not reply. Call me , If I find anyone intrusted or needing tour guides I will link you up.
You should hook up with the Embassy and Malaysia Club, maybe they can use your services as well.
Kind Regards
Silva

Thanks for the advice...appreciate much

Hi Jude. I'm a malay & I agree that Thai version of our local dishes are totally different! And wherever I went there's a very distinctive smell that I've yet to get use to. lol. And the sun is hotter here compared to sg. Still trying to get use to the lack of air con buildings along & around bkk. But I like the people here! Unlike back home where everyone walks around with a frown & if you smiles at them, they'll look at you suspiciously.I will be going back to sg on the 19th to celebrate Hari Raya. So if anyone want to KIRIM any maggie mee let me know!

Hey Girl...you surprised me...you really look like Chinese or Peranakan perhaps just like me.....well i think you will learn more about the people here when you're longer enough here.....it's same with the ladies here if you look at them...they have strong reaction and mumble something in Thai. Well you were right about the food here...i could share this with you when we have to time to chat...if you intend to be here long then i supposed you want to learn more about the character and attitudes. Hey you know what i've been longing for Maggie Mee...i grew up with it..whatever food i had i'll still favor Maggie Mee....ya if you can i please bring back some Curry Mee and Asam Laksa flavor(one box each) if you can or maybe i'm asking too much and i'll pay you back whatever the cost is......
Sorry i didn't get your name.....this is my email [email protected]. I think Singaporean Malays has a better understanding of people compared to M'sian Malays...i have many Malay friends too coz i do look like one but a different vision...haha. You could mail me through my own mail. I'm actually a Travel Adviser...been involved in tourism here for the past six years.Oh ya my mobile- 087-0811008 or 080-7711866
Thanks for responding...take care

Hi Jude yes I'm a malay but I get mistaken alot everywhere I go.Thai people thinks I'm Thai, filipina thinks I'm one of their race too & sometimes I get mix up with Chinese or japanese. But my mom said I look like Indian. Hehe much confusion! Regarding the maggie mee no problem! But I won't be able to buy in boxes but in packs if its ok with you. I'll add them to my list. Anyone else crave for maggie mees let me know.

Hi
mmm...i still haven't got your name but its ok...you know what you have at the same thing like about which we belong to just like what you said......Chinese,Indian,Pinoy(Filipino),Thai etc.....
Aboput the Maggie mee...you could get me five Assam Laksa and five Curry Laksa but if it's difficult for then just leave it...i can survive without it...haha

vijay...life is boring in thailand if i mix with only thai people only and eat thai food...so when come back to border of thailand ..cant wait to eat  the first roti canai or roti telor with tea tarik halia ...cos halia got the kick out of it...;)

anyway..follow by nasi lemak or best mee goreng or curry mee...
so leave yr kind number to me..i will call in and sup with you guys...

i travel often to thailand..cos i ahve networking biz and a only son in ubon...

cheers

jeff gan