Looking for Gym

Can anybody recommend a good gym near to thonglor or sukhumvit, but with daily or monthly membership? I found a few good gyms around but all offer 1 or half a year membership. This is too long for me, I wanna be more flexible. Does anybody know something?

I was looking for the same thing a couple years ago and wasn't very successful.  Most large gyms either don't have a daily/weekly/monthly rate, or if they do it's so outrageous that it's not even worth considering.

A few things you can try:
1) There is an outdoor gym that's free at Lumpini Park if you don't mind working out in the heat, and usually around fairly ripped Thai muscle guys. Also, there is new indoor gym in Lumpini Park, along the Rama IV side with a 1-year membership of 30baht.  Yes, 30baht.  It's small but clean and has about 20-30 weight and cardio machines.  It has a weird "dress code" though -- you have to wear long pants and at least a t-shirt. No shorts or singlets/tank-tops. 

2) Look around at hotel gyms.  Some of them offer memberships and they might be more flexible. Talk to a manager nicely and maybe you can work out a weekly/monthly deal with them. Windsor Suites on Sukh 20 has a decent gym and sells memberships but not sure if they do short-term. I've heard Fitness First at the Landmark Hotel does shorter-term memberships but haven't verified that.

3) Not sure what you're looking for in a gym, but some of the crossfit places may offer short-term memberships. I know of Aspire Fitness right next to BTS Asoke, and a place called The Lab near Phrom Pong. There are a number of other ones in the area as well.

Hi Schroeder, thank you for the informations. I'm now at Fitness First. 5 month membership, its still a little bit long, but ok. I like the place and its only 5 minutes from my home.

Maybe you could help me with another thing. I am looking where to buy "whey" and "weight gainer" for moderate prices. Somehow here in Thailand this products cost almost 5 times more than home. At least what I found out. Can you recommend a good store or shop for supplements?

Maik

Fitness First in Terminal 21? That isn't so far from Thong Lor. Or maybe you can get a membership at one of the condo's around Thong Lor.

Yes, whey and other supplements here are outrageously expensive.  I haven't found a retail outlet that sells them cheap -- I think the Thai Food & Drug part of the government puts a high tax on these kinds of things for some reason.  My only recommendation is to find someone who travels periodically to the US or other country where you can buy it cheaper and have them bring some back for you.

Hey are you now in Bangkok join gym in days?