Introduce myself ;-)

Hi All,

just want to introduce myself, I have moved to Malta in September this year and work and live in Sliema. Have found my way around a bit but would like to meet more people, expand my social life.

I love to listen and talk, discuss and hear new things, experiences and share words of wisdom... enjoy good coffee, good food. I love to listen to music (symphonic rock/singer songwriter), working on (classic) cars, travel around, learning things. Most of all I love not to take everything in live to seriously, laugh and enjoy living, respecting people and cultures.

I am 47 years young/old ;-) have two grown-up children living in the Netherlands. Just to be clear, my intentions are good, I am not seeking for romance. Just looking around and will see what comes, but wanted to let you know I'm here ;-)

Hi,

welcome to the forum.

Check out the 'meeting up' thread. We have a Expat group meeting every Wednesday here in Sliema at Surfside restaurant.

Newcomers are always welcome.

Cheers
Ricky

Hi Ricky,

Nice to hear from you. I've read about the meetings at surfside. I will attend to one of those meetings, probably the week after next week as I have family visiting this week.

Cheers,
Dick

Hello fellow members,
Just a few lines to introduce myself as a new, hot off the press member.
I have just returned to the UK after a 12 day exploratory stay in Sliema and am now considering taking an initial long term rental (6 months) in Marsascala early next year. As a 77 year old fit and active widower, I wonder whether any member/s of similar vintage, or indeed others, might wish to comment on the pros and cons of this.
I lived in Malta for some two years in the 1980s with my family as a member of the Royal Air Force based at RAF Luqa. I don't recall that the Summer heat and Winter cold was all that uncomfortable but then I was a lot younger then!
Regards,
Peter.

Peter, the only comment I can give you is this;
If it feels good, do it.

I do admire people that live their lives, regardless age.

Petenk wrote:

Hello fellow members,
Just a few lines to introduce myself as a new, hot off the press member.
I have just returned to the UK after a 12 day exploratory stay in Sliema and am now considering taking an initial long term rental (6 months) in Marsascala early next year. As a 77 year old fit and active widower, I wonder whether any member/s of similar vintage, or indeed others, might wish to comment on the pros and cons of this.
I lived in Malta for some two years in the 1980s with my family as a member of the Royal Air Force based at RAF Luqa. I don't recall that the Summer heat and Winter cold was all that uncomfortable but then I was a lot younger then!
Regards,
Peter.

Hi Peter

welcome as well....Good to see you have made the migration to this board.  As I said....you will find friends and advocates here who will help you in any way you want......If you are in Marsacala next year I would love to grab a beer and get your input about RAF Luqa during your time there.....

Kindest

Mike

welcome Peter.

Thank you for your welcoming messages and Mike, if I do end up in Marsascala I will touch base with you and enjoy both the beer (on me) and the chat!
Regards,
Peter.

Hi, Petenk, M'scala is the alternative to Gozo for us and we will be moving there in July if we do not appreciate the Jan - Mar on Gozo we have planned.
So, see you laters.
I also think it would have been the 70's at Luqa as I was one of the last to leave in 1979 :-)
Good times eh?

I was on the second last plane out Mick.....21st March 1979.  They were indeed great days.

Oh!  thanks for the PM.......brought a 'reet gud' smile to my face.

Cheers mate

Mike

ricky wrote:

Hi,

welcome to the forum.

Check out the 'meeting up' thread. We have a Expat group meeting every Wednesday here in Sliema at Surfside restaurant.

Newcomers are always welcome.

Cheers
Ricky

Just noticed this. If that's the Surfside that is on 3 levels (but did not used to be)then that is the place I spent many an afternoon/day/evening whiling away my time over a few beers in excellent company in the late 1970's. I re-found it on my last trip back and after I think it had been empty for several years. Had a gorgeous paella there a few weeks ago.
I'll be back!!