New Member from Ireland

Hi i could be relocating to Alexadria soon to work, just looking for the heads up on Driving, Day to Day living and how much risk does the current unrest have on ex-pats living their?

Welcome to Expat.com spreston!

Hope that you'll soon be enlightened.;)

Harmonie.

i dont know about alex, i imagine its the same as cairo in ways but if you avoid the protest areas you should be ok. just use common sense in the street.

I m working with an Irish girl....if you want,when you will be in Alex no problem.....

Nothing to be worry abt, I'm living in Alexandria too, the best places to live are Kafra Abdo, Smouha, Loran, Roushdy, the traffic is terrible, there isn't traffic control, the protest concentrates in Sidi Gaber and corniche in front of the mosque. to meet foreigners u can go to spitfire  in mansheya, bambo restaurant in ramla station, Alexandria isn't expensive, there is 3 important malls, city center - carregour/downtown, sant stefano/cornishe and green plaza. Pubs/discotecs are Deja vu- fouad street, Allegria - Acacia str, downtown, Club 35.. Alexandria is more for cafes places to smoke shisha, soft drinks and food. there is two important sport clubs, sporting club and smouha club. Food is good, depend of the people but most of the them are friendly, you have to know the people first, ways to get to alex: Borg arab Airport, there is another airport inside the city, by bus - superje and train. train statin in Sidi gaber. the weather now is windy, cold and is raining.. Let me know if you need more info and you can join a group calls hang outs and trips in Egypt on facebook. welcome to Alexandria.