Close

Egyptian marriage fraud

My name Sandi. I was a victim of this marriage fraud. His name was Mxxxxxn. He vowed his undying love to me and my family and friends. He got me to move to Alexandria Egypt. We had a ceremony and I thought we were married. I then spent thousands of dollars for our marriage home that was just walls. Plus appliances, electronics, clothes and jewelry. I was then contacted while in America and told he was not married and no one had ever seen him wear a ring. He completely vanished me from his Facebook account and I found many little girls he was adding. I confronted him and he denied everything. But I actually reached out and spoke to people. I found that I was not married. It was fake. I'm out thousands. I left my career and sold my house to go to Egypt to my fake husband. I made sure that I documented and screenshot and used a card to track money spent. I have reported him to every agency possible.

xxxx

I made a Facebook page to try and prevent others from going through this.

I do have a friend in Egypt and he told me the area we lived in was known for this because it is very poor. I know that it's not all Egyptians. He was just a con. I wanted to be in love and I fell for it. Doesn't make it right.

Now I am in America and half of my personal belongings are in Egypt. Probably being used by someone else.

He was denied a Visa three times. Now his passport and name are flagged.

Moderated by Bhavna 2 months ago
Reason : Please share these personal details through private message.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

WTF. Sorry for what happened to you

Thank you. I wish to never see anyone else go through this.

You are very kind person i feel terrible from what he did for you, money come and go but the important thing that you are fine and learned the lesson.

Thank you

you are welcome can you give me more information about that one who fraud you , may i know some acts can deal with such that person,details like his full name , any copy of any document you have about that person,we should not leave him pass with what he did. are you make a police Egyptian report about what happened to you and what acts you did towards that person.i mean the legal actions, are you talk to any lawyer about that or not.

I reported it to the embassy and consulate there. Customs the FBI, USCIS, ICE, cyber crimes and every agency possible. he is on the watch list. His passport is void and he won't get a visa to anywhere.

and inside Egypt  are you take any legal action against him, all what you said  will  make him not able to take any visa to anywhere but you still didn't get your cash from him , you have to make a report to the Egyptian police and give them a copy from all the documents you have against him.

I  did not do that. How would I go about that?

you can do that by going to the police station and tell them everything and give them a copy of your documents or your Egyptian lawyer can do that instead of you.

I'm in America now. Scared to return to Egypt.

Really I'm so sad about what happened to you, be sure God will not Let him to enjoy by your  money or anything from you. Because he betrayed you.. What Goes around comes around..
Sorry again.. I have American friends here i Egypt.. And really never had this situation before.. They like Egyptian people.. Just you fall in wrong person.. Not Linked to Egyptian at all.. You have to take your Right and get back your money.. U have to ask Lawyer about that..

i feel sad to what happened to you but here in Egypt the situation is safe and no one can hurt you  , the thing is that you involved with the wrong person, i got in partnership with American person before and he fooled me and until now i couldn't  got my money from him, it is not about the nationality or the country, if you have a documents powering your situation and your position so don't hesitate or be afraid and take  real action against him, because if you left him he will do it again and again.

Wooow. Do u have anything to prove this

what you mean, prove what..what you need to know

I love Egypt as well. Just met the wrong person

I have no where to go in Egypt now. But my 11 websites 3 pages and a group found its way to Washington DC. I turned him in everywhere. I don't know how reach his local authorities. I contacted the embassy and consulate there too.

I have everything. I have the fake marriage papers. Receipts. Statements from his own family. Three times he was denied a Visa. I have everything and then some.

the only way to reach his local authority by make a police report against him by yourself or by your Egyptian lawyer the one who represent you in front of Egyptian authority and  choose your lawyer carefully .are you know any recent information about your ex.

Hi, How did you meet this person by FB? Can you have some local forum members seek out his family? What made you decide to give up everything and invest in Alex? Could you sell your property and recoup some of your money? Also, is your status stoll married or are you divorced? How long ago did this happen? Love is definitely a scary thing, I know because I've been through a lot myself?  What's your ethicity by the way, if you don't mind me asking?

hello
i am sorry to hear about what happened to you , but there are some points

you mentioned about marriage ceremony .... but did you have an official marriage certificate ???????? 
you can ask the US embassy to hire a lawyer for you in egypt , even while you are in US .... but , for a case in court , you will need to provide them the proofs ; like the marriage certifcates , and proof of money transfer

Scared to return to Egypt.. girl.. I would take the first ticket to go over there and find the creep.. I would go psycho and hunt him till I find him.. and make his life hell

Why do you men do this? Why do you destroy women lives? For money? Allah will judge you and every tear shed by those foreign women victims of your fraud will burn on your rotting body when you die.. don't think you gonna escape God judgement.. it's not right at all and there's no excuse for what you men do..

Girl.. I'm married to an Egyptian too.. and I also work like a mule to supposedly financially contribute to our dream apartment in Alexandria.. I live in a bad apartment with him and wear old ragged clothes.. he says our sacrifice will pay off.. I sure hope it's not a fraud.. cause I'm tired.. and work so hard.. it would be so unfair

Expatriate health insurance in Alexandria

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Alexandria

Moving to Alexandria

Find tips from professionals about moving to Alexandria

International Wealth Management in Alexandria

Get advice from well-reputed and experienced international wealth managers regarding your financial affairs in Alexandria

Travel insurance in Alexandria

Enjoy stress-free travel to Alexandria

Flights to Alexandria

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Alexandria