Keeping expat memories: the Expat Archive Centre

Hi,

This week in Weekly magazine, we invite you to discover the Expatriate Archive Centre.
Based in The Hague, the Expat Archive Centre Centre has been created to collect and preserve expats' memories.

We invite you to find out more about it and the importance of keeping memories for expats in this week issue :).

Thankyou Julie, and a Happy New Year to everyone in the forum!

I'm always happy to answer any questions on the Expatriate Archive Centre. We would love to hear from expats living in Mauritius.

We are based in the Netherlands, but our reach is global and we arrange for free delivery for any material donated to us. It's the best way to preserve your memories and help academic research at the same time.

Peta

xpatarchive wrote:

Thankyou Julie, and a Happy New Year to everyone in the forum!

I'm always happy to answer any questions on the Expatriate Archive Centre. We would love to hear from expats living in Mauritius.

We are based in the Netherlands, but our reach is global and we arrange for free delivery for any material donated to us. It's the best way to preserve your memories and help academic research at the same time.

Peta

Hi,
Can you give more information please - i.e. exactly what "memories" are you looking for and what "materials"

Just been chatting to a few friends to see if they understand more but they are like me and are not sure exactly what your looking for ;)

Best Wishes :)

Let's see if I can expand on my vague "memories" and mysterious "materials"... ;)

We collect the life stories of expats, their children, accompanying partners and those who have repatriated.

Our collection includes journals and diaries, scrapbooks and photos, audio and video material, letters and emails, blogs, paperwork and supporting documents (tickets, invites, lists, ID cards, newsletters etc.)

The aim is to preserve these in proper archival conditions for the future and to support academic research into expatriation.

I hope that's a bit clearer. There's more info on our website http://xpatarchive.com but if there are any other questions I'll be happy to answer them :)

Peta

Thanks Peta - think I understand it a bit better now :)
Will take a look at the website too :)