US Embassy Sponsors

Hello,

Can anyone sponsor me and my husband to one of the steak and wine nites in Riyad, American Embassy,
I come and visit him in Riyad, and as some might agree it is boaring and not much to do.

we are both american citizens

thank you,

Hi magicfun2012 > your topic has been moved on the Riyadh forum.

You may have a hard time finding a sponsor until you meet someone from the Embassy.  I used to sponsor people, but got burned by them either acting a fool, or them not wanting to leave when I do (you have to stay with your sponsor while there).

I would suggest meeting people first, then asking for sponsorship....

B2N

Born2Network wrote:

You may have a hard time finding a sponsor until you meet someone from the Embassy.  I used to sponsor people, but got burned by them either acting a fool, or them not wanting to leave when I do (you have to stay with your sponsor while there).

B2N

Yep, it's a catch 22.  Can't get into an event until you know somebody but can't meet anybody till you get into an event! 

Kind of like when nobody will hire you without experience but if they won't hire you, how are you supposed to get experience? lol

Alliecat wrote:

Kind of like when nobody will hire you without experience but if they won't hire you, how are you supposed to get experience? lol

You volunteer. Does it work in this case?:)

@B  nope.

Alliecat wrote:
Born2Network wrote:

B2N

Yep, it's a catch 22.  Can't get into an event until you know somebody but can't meet anybody till you get into an event! 

Not so... Ive met people from here (blog) that Ive sponsored and they turned out better than the peeps I met off here.... I dsont know how many Americans are on here with access to the Embassy / Sponsorship, but at least try to meet people instead of just hoping someone can sponsor you in.....

Theres a level of trust that has to be in place (at least for me) before I sign my name and am responsible for my visitors.

@Magic-

PM me and well talk...

B2N

hey,

contact me and ill try my best to host you.

Me too!! :D

Canadian here - and everyone know's were polite and well behaved! Except on the hockey rink lol

Born2Network wrote:

B2N

Can you sponsor me and my friend? kidding... :D

magicfun2012 wrote:

Hello,

thank you,

Just out of curiosity - since you are both citizens, couldn't you sponsor yourselves?!?!  It is just a matter of trying to figure out when the events are!

houstonian wrote:
magicfun2012 wrote:

Hello,
thank you,

Just out of curiosity - since you are both citizens, couldn't you sponsor yourselves?!?!  It is just a matter of trying to figure out when the events are!

Maybe they're just too lazy to do so? and just prefers gettin' an invite-pronto.. :whistle:

Popolocroix wrote:
houstonian wrote:
magicfun2012 wrote:

Hello,
thank you,

Maybe they're just too lazy to do so? and just prefers gettin' an invite-pronto.. :whistle:

No, they're not.  See, I get invitations to all the pricey USERA things.  But the Happy Hours?  Or 'Steak Night'?  Nope.  That's reserved for friends of friends.

BUT when they are charging big bucks and their friends are too cheap, I get an email LOL

Alliecat wrote:

No, they're not.  See, I get invitations to all the pricey USERA things.  But the Happy Hours?  Or 'Steak Night'?  Nope.  That's reserved for friends of friends.

BUT when they are charging big bucks and their friends are too cheap, I get an email LOL

Well that explains it!  Just goes to show you how "well connected" I am with the folks at the embassy!!  :rolleyes:

And I do get the emails where they charge the big buckks.  I just ignore those.  Lol

houstonian wrote:

And I do get the emails where they charge the big buckks.  I just ignore those.  Lol

Yeah, me, too :lol:

and this is why i dont do embassy things. 

but im sure that will change when the wife gets here lulz

Just find someone who's an embassy employee to sponsor you in