Glass recycling

Hi.

Where are we supposed to throw our glass jars, bottles, ... away in Malta ?

If there are containers, where are they (especially in Gzira/Sliema area) ??

check your local council website - should list the locations of bottlebanks - if not check wasteserve website

Hi.

Other questions regarding wine bottles.
Are they returnable like in other countries ?

I often see an additional fee on my receipts when I buy some wine (but not for all bottles).
Are we supposed to bring the bottles back to the shop and receive a voucher ?
If yes how to know which bottles are returnable ?

Thanks.

locally produced wine has refundable deposit on the bottles, not imported - same with beer

Gzira collect glass for recycling every two weeks. If you ask in the council they will give you a calendar with the dates for collection. For where we live in Gzira, collection day for glass is on a Friday and other recycling is weekly on a Tuesday. You leave clean bottles and jars out in a cardboard box or paper bag on the morning of collection. There are plastic bags you can buy in the supermarket for your other recycling such as, cardboard, plastic, and paper. 

Hope that helps.

Charley

CharleyFarley wrote:

Gzira collect glass for recycling every two weeks. If you ask in the council they will give you a calendar with the dates for collection. For where we live in Gzira, collection day for glass is on a Friday and other recycling is weekly on a Tuesday.

I sent them two e-mails to ask for that calendar (I used to receive one on paper in my letter box for the first months), but they never replied to me...

Does someone has the current schedule for glass collecting in Gzira ? :)

Frediy wrote:

I sent them two e-mails to ask for that calendar (I used to receive one on paper in my letter box for the first months), but they never replied to me...
Does someone has the current schedule for glass collecting in Gzira ? :)

Looks like you'll have to go and see them then. I had to when reporting a street light, they would not accept my emails, complete with map and photos of location. It's that face to face thing they have :)