I need help please!

Hello, I am moving to Malta in 6 months (I am an EU citizen, currently in London) but I am very confused as to where to start with everything. I have read about the work permits, ID cards and residential permits. I am planing to live permanently but I just don't know where to start, I have been looking online but cannot find many helpful websites and from a few I have got the impression that you cannot work within the first 3 months? I would like to be able to have a job offer for once I get there so I can start straight away by I'm not sure how realistic this would be. Any help would be very very very appreciated. Thank you!!!

Hi Lily - work isnt easy to find here and especially well paid work but as you will find it will depend largely on your skill sets (Languages and financial experience are sought after).   Here in Malta, IT, Finance and I gaming are the areas that do well - The tourism side is full of low paid-long hours type jobs. You can work here immediatley if you are a EU citizen there is no restriction like that. You do not need a work permit at all as a EU national. Not many people get jobs given to them before they actually get here - altho to be fair a few people recently have said they had their interviews via skype and had the job offer (s proper job offer) made to them as a result of both telephone and skype interviews, so it is possible but not very realistic. Never rely on just posting or emailing cvs as more often than not they get ignored, keep your cv down to one page. Go and knock on doors when you hear about an opening, its easier to be ignored or refused when you are not "in their face" so be pushy, get yourself noticed, speak to potential employers, its easier to get a job if you put yourself out and present yourself in front of them, nobody I know has ever got a job simply by posting and emailing cvs. The malti employers like to see people - dont get me wrong its still not easy but it gives you the edge over those that just post and email.

Okay thank you very much, I shall keep all that in mind. Thank you