Meeting new friends

Hi everyone

I'm Nina and I live in Qawra with my sister-in-law (Jan).  I've been in Malta since 2008 and still really love it.  Woke up one morning and realized my(our) social circle is virtually non-existent.  Whilst I'm not a "party animal" I would like to make new friends for chats, nice lunches and the odd glass of wine.  I'm much too old for clubbing but much too young for dominoes - a real in-betweeny.  I'm definitely NOT interested in dating and I'm certainly not looking for romance!  So meetups and social groups would be great, if only someone could tell me where to find them..............

ninaadams wrote:

Hi everyone

I'm Nina and I live in Qawra with my sister-in-law (Jan).  I've been in Malta since 2008 and still really love it.  Woke up one morning and realized my(our) social circle is virtually non-existent.  Whilst I'm not a "party animal" I would like to make new friends for chats, nice lunches and the odd glass of wine.  I'm much too old for clubbing but much too young for dominoes - a real in-betweeny.  I'm definitely NOT interested in dating and I'm certainly not looking for romance!  So meetups and social groups would be great, if only someone could tell me where to find them..............

Everything you said is how i feel, i,ve sent you a pm, take a look in your inbox

Frankie.

Hi Nina,

welcome to the forum.

We were born in the same year and I don't like playing dominoes yet -)))

We have a very nice Expat group here in Sliema. We meet every Wednesday for a picnic on the beach or during the winter inside. You are welcome to join us whenever you want. We also meet for many other activities like ' Isle of MTV', beer and wine festivals, concerts and walking/hiking.

We usually meet from 7 pm to 10 pm or so so you can still get Arriva back to Qawra. We are usually 10 , sometimes even 15 .

Check out the meeting up section for updates on the location. At the moment we are still on the beach but when the weather gets bad we will move indoors -)))

Cheers
Ricky

try 246expats at [email protected]

onorio wrote:

try 246expats at [email protected]

Sorry to be dense but I'm not quite sure what this means......

It's an exclusive Expat group organized by Trisha Steele. They operate with membership cards and a weekly 'donation' for Trisha , payable at their get-togethers. The name is TwoFourSix Expats Malta.

They have a Facebook page.

Cheers
Ricky

rgds
Fritz

Are you sure they are not some sort of cult?

and just what exactly is the donation used for....

Hi all,

the Trisha group is not some sort of a cult -)) It is just a business .

The donation is just a form of income for Trisha as she organizes the meetings at the same venues every few weeks in rotation. And the venues are not the cheapest ! What I'm not sure about is whether she pays her taxes and VAT on her income -)))

Other Expat groups do the same without charging fees or a donation.

Cheers
Ricky

Hi ricky can i ask you, why are you so conserned if somebody is paying their taxes. Do yo work for the government?

Hi falcon,

no, I don't work for the Government or tax office.

Shouldn't everybody be paying any taxes due ?

Cheers
Ricky

Dont you think we give more than enough to the government. They only waste it anyway, why should you give them a bite of every cent you make?