Kenyans in Dar??

I have been living and working in Dar for almost 15 months.. suprisingly, i have hardly met ladies and gentlemen from my country- kenya. Could those Kenyans reading me here please raise their hands? I would like to network with them and chat...

Cheers:)

Hello there.  My name is Sarah.  I am trying to relocate to TZ.  Can u tell me what the cost of living is? is it as expensive as Kenya or UG.  I am mostly worried about the schools.  Do they have primary schools with good standards?  I have been given a housing and car allowance should i ask for school fees too.  Your quick response will be greatly appreciated

THanks

It depends on the place / city you are going to be based.. Dar is certainly a bit expensive, especially housing...maybe the company takes care of the housing for you, and in order to be in a comfortable area like around mikocheni, masaki / msasani, it may cost between usd. 1000- 3000 for a house, depending on size and location.. also, here you pay rent for the whole year in advance...Electricity is a bit expensive than in kenya as well...Primary schools standards.. poor compared to the two others..honestly.. unless they pay for your kids at international schools, .. personaly i opted to leave mine to continue study nairobi. So ask for school allowance.., for international schools standards...Things like crime rate, dar is much safer.. most other towns in tz are also much safer compred with nrb/ kampala...if you need more details please consult me..

Why would you come to Tanzania to hang out with Kenyans? You could have easily done that in Nairobi, true? COME ON!!! get out of your safety zone and try meeting us 'wabongo'... you just might like us :)

I also grew up in Nai and have lived here only 5 months and also really trying to meet people and get in tune with Dar!

Cheers,

Neema

Absolutely!!!

PM me.

Neemsy :-)