Coming to BCN, help much appreciated!

Hey everyone,

I'm planning on coming to BCN in around a month and looking to teach English somewhere but not quite sure where to start.

I don't have a TEFL or equivalent degree but I was an english teacher for a year in Japan and I have a BA in languages.

Anyone able to steer me in the right direction?

Cheers,

Mike

Hello Mike.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

In meantime, I invite you to read these articles on Work/Labor market in Spain.

The Jobs in Barcelona section may help as well. Do not hesitate to post an advert there.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi Mike! I'm from Barcelona, for now I can't help you in looking for this job.. But I'm opened to help you in everithing you need about the city. I need to practise my english and I enjoy meeting new people ;)
I hope to hear from you soon!

[Moderated: please post in the Jobs section]

Hey not really sure about Barcelona. I was n English teacher in Madrid on the BEDA program and all i needed wasa a degree but I think here they expect you to be qualified i think there are more ppl here wanting to teach. Im here as an au pair because but not really looked hard to find teaching jobs here. If you go onto lingobongo.com you can post your own add or search jobs for teaching its a really good site to meet people and for jobs and accommodation in Madrid, Barcelona and Berlin. Not sure if Barcelona is the only place you wanted to work in Spain so thought I would let you know about Madrid you can look on their website and Samanthas email is there if if you wanted to apply x

Good luck x

You should consider do a teacher training program. You'll do some networking too and that might give you the chance to meet people in the business...

Hi! You should try with Business First languages, my english friend , she moved to bcn few months ago and she is teaching english for them and making classes in the companies that contracts them.
Maybe it is an option!
good luck!