Meet expats in Ankara!

Hi everyone,

I'm new in Ankara and I would like to meet some expats here!

Cheers,

Alvaro

Hi Alvaro,

welcome to Expat.com! :)

Maybe you could tell us more about you?

Thank you,
Christine

Hello,
I'm moving to Ankara next month to work as a lecturer at Bilkent University. I'd love to meet anyone looking to make friends. I'd be especially interested in meeting any very patient Turks who might be happy to help me with my awful Turkish. Turkce ogrenmek istiyorum ama cok zor! I'd also like to meet anyone interested in photography - a hobby of mine - or in playing badminton or squash: and once I'm settled in I'd like to start playing football again too. Hope to hear from you!
Patrick

Merhaba. 100 words enough for talk Tukish

scassacocchi wrote:

Hello,
I'm moving to Ankara next month to work as a lecturer at Bilkent University. I'd love to meet anyone looking to make friends. I'd be especially interested in meeting any very patient Turks who might be happy to help me with my awful Turkish. Turkce ogrenmek istiyorum ama cok zor! I'd also like to meet anyone interested in photography - a hobby of mine - or in playing badminton or squash: and once I'm settled in I'd like to start playing football again too. Hope to hear from you!
Patrick

Hey Patrick! Bilkent is only around the corner from me and im definitely up for badminton!!

Hi Pavweb,
Thanks for getting in touch. Let's meet up for coffee some time - perhaps in the Bilkent centre - and make badminton plans. My email is [email protected] - drop me a line there!
Patrick

Hi Patrick! Welcome to Ankara :) I also relocated here a few months back and even though I'm a Turk, I feel like an expat since I've never lived here and I'm not familiar with the place. I don't mind helping out with language, although I must admit my Turkish isn't perfect either! :)
I am in METU which is pretty close to Bilkent I guess. Can't say much about squash but badminton sounds good :D
Take care!

Hi Tuba,
Thanks for getting in touch! I'd love to meet up some time. Do you know the Bilkent center? It's not the most exciting place, but it might be the easiest meeting place for us as it's near METU and Bilkent. My email is [email protected]  - drop me a line and we can arrange something. Hope to hear from you!
Patrick

Hey patrick, thanks for the quick reply :) i don't know Bilkent centre but I'll put it on my GPS and find it :D  I'll send you an email now :)
Tuba

Hello everyone,

I've just moved to Ankara and I would like to meet some expats here :) I want to explore this city. I don't want a soul-destroying monotonous  life so cheer up !

Hello all,
I'm going to be working in Ankara next two weeks, it's a long project so I'll be coming back from time to time and it would be nice to meet new people there.
Last time I was there for 3 weeks and spent most of my time wandering around and taking pictures but I was not lucky enough to meet new people to talk with.
I want to change this!!! :-)

HI
Im ın ankara .Ifyou want meet you'll tll me

@deryaruzgar -> A small introduction would be great! :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi everybody,
after some years abroad,i am back to ankara-my hometown(i know its a hard thing to be at a foreign city),if u need anything around just send me a message...
bye 4 now

Merhaba,

I have just arrived in Ankara and I'm going to live here for a year, therefore I'm interested in learning some Turkish in order to get on in Turkey, and meet new people...the beginning is always a bit hard!

By the way I'm an active guy, TREKKING (I have found some clubs of trekking in Ankara, so If anyone is interested on just contact me), CYCLING, FOOTBALL,TRAVEL (I'm really willing to know Turkey, so I'm looking for travel mates).

Güle Güle

Merhaba :-)
Ramazan mubarek olsun (I hope it's correct)

I will be back in Ankara by the 29th of july or maybe the 5th of august.

I will stay there for at least a couple of weeks or three and though I'll have a very tight work schedule, I hope I'll also find time to have a coffee or a beer with anybody. Just leave me a message!

I think I'll be in Batikent area, but I can take a taxi and move anywhere :-)

See you!

heyy pablet

I ll be in ankara too approximately on the same dates, willing to have a coffee or a beer,, dont hesitate to ask pls here is my mail [email protected]

heyy

Im studying in METU whose campus is quite close to bilkent, if you are still around ankara, feel free to meet for a coffee or a beer.

Cheers

Hello serapyldrm, my schedule has changed a little bit and I'm flying to Ankara next monday!!
I'm sending you an email :)

Let's meet
I am not new ın ankara but İ love meeting people maybe we can do something together
and also this gonna be my last period in Turkey and could be I will leave Turkey in uncertain time

I am ssad but also happy if İ still have nice memory to remember in Turkey.

Have a nice day ;)

in ANkara
from Eliz

Hello, yes let's meet.
I'm sending you a private message :-)

But who is in Ankara now? Let's try to arrange a massive expat meeting :-D
What about next Sunday evening?

Hello.... I AM AN EX UNİVERSİTY EDUCATOR LADY FROM TURKEY.. YOU CAN CONTACT ME İF YOU WOULD LİKE TO.. I ALSO TUTOR TURKİSH.. BEST REGARDS....
[email protected]

Hi feray!

Could you please avoid posting in all caps?

Thanks
Armand

Hi.. ı am an ex university educator lady .. now that ı am tutoring english and turkish.. you might consult me at times regards..

Hi.. sorry what do you mean by in all caps.. best regards...

:|

Hi all,

Please note that some "copy/paste" like post has been moved from this thread. :)

Regards,

David..

hi.. alvaro .. ı am an ex university educator lady from ankara.. would you please let me know about yourself.. if you dont mind.. regards.. sye

Hi feray,

You should notice that Alvaro posted only once on this thread in 2012 :whistle:

Feel free to start a new topic on the Ankara Forum with all your questions for better interaction please ;)

Thank you

Maximilien

welcome to ankara

HELLO.. ı hope we meet  soon.. how about a short meeting on next tuesday at bahçelievler.. maybe at 2 oclock at the last busstop in front of petrol station .. okey..
but ı cant promise exactly today.. as ı have a health problem so please send me your approval and ı willwrite aboutmine on tuesday morning again.. regards sye

hey guyz,I recently arrived in Ankara, and am looking for some new friends to hang out!

hi man u can contact with me .... welcome to turkey !

sent me your skype ok

Hi,how's goin on?here is so boring

Hello .. Do you have some intention of learning practical colloquial turkish by a professional lady___

Bro salam we can meet for a cup of tea I live at Kızılay. Take care

Hello everybody!! Im at kizilay, i came from spain. Somebody to meet??

Thanks,
Regards

Heeyy, are u new here? Send me an email

Who are u and like what you doing?? Lol

Moderated by Christine 5 years ago
Reason : for security reason, please exchange your private contact via your private message system. Thank you

Hi, thanks for answering so fast. Im Tatiana im a girl from spain and i came here to kizilay one week to know the city because next april im moving here to live.
I hope you would like to meet and drink coffee or tea or beer haha!!
Thanks