Supervisor Visa to 11 Years Exp Engineer...How Bad is that?

Dear Friends,

Recently I have had a shock when one of my Kuwaiti friend told me after seeing My passport. which says "Supervisor/Observer (Marakkab) Visa" stamped there. He told me that it suppose to be Engineers (Mohandish) Visa.
Because this visa changes, I won't get my driving license here and won't be able to bring up family and lot other benefits I may loose.
I am a degree civil engineer with 11 Years of Experience. This is my 1st job outside my country and was really not aware of this kind of issues.
I need to know, what are the benefits I am really going to miss with Supervisor's Visa.
I am really scared of this and before I go to my management, i would like to have your advise on how to approach them and get it corrected.

Hi pranavd1980, hope that other members will soon share their experience with you & that you'll be enlightened.;)

Wish you all the best,
Harmonie.

Thanks Harmonie,

Will wait for the same.....
And i know here only i am going to get perfect ans's....

Thanks Again...

Please friends need to have replies ASAP.
I don't want to make any delay to take up this issue to management and at the same time nit without proper information.

i think you mean Mohandis not mohandish :)

you wont miss anything, the nomenclature in ur residency is crucially beneficial for many things - engineer trumps supervisor definitely. lets say for example u want to travel to a GCC state (Dubai) for some R&R, depending on the designation, u may be refused visa on arrival. i.e. they allow visa on arrival in Qatar and Dubai (which ive tried) for certain designations - Dr, lawyer, accountant, pharmacist, engineer etc. they do not recognize supervisor.

so, get it changed, pronto.

Thanks m8.
I dint know the local language and that's why I missed this designation on my passport earlier.

My main concern for this post is driving license and family visa. Did they going to affect in any way?

And of course is this going to affect my resume for any further job changes?

yes, it can affect your driving licence, not sure about the family part.

doesnt affect your resume as that is based on your skills, you dont apply with your passport for new jobs, do you?

Am I also eligible for mohandis visa? as a software engineer - which diff from civil engineer..

Hehehehe ..... You are not the only one. Lots of people in Kuwait are having Same story ...... Just chill