Restaurants

Good restaurants in Riaydh, any suggestions?

Just read your profile :lol:

I am sorry to advise you that you're going to have to change your 'religion' and 'political views'--you're in Saudia now, baby!

(oh, and welcome to the Expat.com :D )

Alliecat wrote:

I am sorry to advise you that you're going to have to change your 'religion' and 'political views'--you're in Saudia now, baby!

Just read that you speak sarcasm,
You really gonna enjoy yourself here,
Welcome to the funny farm.

Moestavern wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

Just read that you speak sarcasm,
You really gonna enjoy yourself here,
Welcome to the funny farm.

You will also need a sex change to get into the restaurants that are good!

However if you want to take a punt there are some good ones along the Prince Sultan Street between the Tamimi Store and Olaya Street.

I am going there tonight to try one out not sure which yet!

BEST restaurant in Riyadh (IMHO) is Al Saraya (Turkish) on Thalatheen St.

Oh, and ignore toozi.. he's always bitching about something or another.  It's part of his charm :lol:

toolzi wrote:

u know what i mean Allie:)

Yeah, I know what you mean :dumbom:

Oh WOW.. you found the movie!!  Did you watch it? lol

@toolzi  Well, they have fresh baked Turkish bread with your choice of 'dips' .. I recommend the babaganoush, it's incredible!!

Then there is 1/2 grilled chicken that's been marinated in something or another and is like the BEST chicken I've ever tasted in my life!

By 'rolled sandwich,' I think you mean Shawarma.  I've never had the lamb (I don't like lamb or beef in Saudia) but the chicken shawarma is, again, the BEST I've ever had!

And there is an extensive family section as well as a singles section.

toolzi wrote:
Alliecat wrote:
toolzi wrote:

u know what i mean Allie:)

Yeah, I know what you mean :dumbom:

Oh WOW.. you found the movie!!  Did you watch it? lol

please dont edit messages. i am confused. i cannot check the same topic continuously:))

i found. for sure)))) nothing is hidden for me even in Riyadh ))))))

Sorry to confuse you :)  The 'editing' was to include after-thoughts. 

Now, as for the movie.. did you like it??

Oops.. we're hijacking this restaurant thread.  Please go over to the DIGRESSION THREAD so we can continue this conversation!

Alliecat wrote:

@toolzi  Well, they have fresh baked Turkish bread with your choice of 'dips' .. I recommend the babaganoush, it's incredible!!

Then there is 1/2 grilled chicken that's been marinated in something or another and is like the BEST chicken I've ever tasted in my life!

By 'rolled sandwich,' I think you mean Shawarma.  I've never had the lamb (I don't like lamb or beef in Saudia) but the chicken shawarma is, again, the BEST I've ever had!

And there is an extensive family section as well as a singles section.

So where was the BEST chicken you ever tasted (as this is only just 'like' it). ;)

@gashead  So clever you thought you'd say it twice? :lol:

Okay, okay.. it was definitely THE BEST I've ever tasted :P

toolzi wrote:

if we are talking about chicken.

Russian "Chicken" is the best i ever tasted :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Why do I think you just said something bad? :P

toolzi wrote:
Alliecat wrote:
toolzi wrote:

if we are talking about chicken.

Russian "Chicken" is the best i ever tasted :))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Why do I think you just said something bad? :P

me?:))) no no:))))) some misunderstanding :)))

http://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/24.gif

Fajita Avenue Dabbab street....

Alliecat wrote:

Hahaaa yeaah i'll keep that in mind! thanks :)

@ Moestavern: Haha thanks

@ Martin: Haha, thanks you really made me feel better lol . So technically i either change my sex or starve to death! how nice is that lool..
Where's Prince Sultan street?

@toolzi: yeey! that really made me feel way better! all i was asking for is good food not rape! lol

@ Alliecat: Thanks finally an answer lol, and yeah i've been there. They have really good food! thanks..
Hahaha yeah i've noticed.. lol

@Khanshamhmir: Thanks, i will give it a try =D

Oh and Alliecat, i have found a place that serves amazing Sahwarma. Way better than the turkish restaurant! the problem is that they don't have a family section, there's only take away : /

toolzi wrote:

JazNotivoli - I was just very honest:))

i like art. so i made all picture for u not only food:))

Bitching = honesty for a Georgian :lol:

toolzi: common i was only joking!

JazNotivoli wrote:

Oh and Alliecat, i have found a place that serves amazing Sahwarma. Way better than the turkish restaurant! the problem is that they don't have a family section, there's only take away : /

Mama Noura's ?  If so, I've heard of that place but haven't had the pleasure yet.

Alliecat wrote:
toolzi wrote:

JazNotivoli - I was just very honest:))

i like art. so i made all picture for u not only food:))

Bitching = honesty for a Georgian :lol:

Thats why i love learning about cultures :lol:

Alliecat wrote:
JazNotivoli wrote:

Mama Noura's ?  If so, I've heard of that place but haven't had the pleasure yet.

Nono.. its a small restaurant. sth Sham! its in Sulimaniah. A friend recommended it to me and it is GOOD it even has cheese in it! :top:

JazNotivoli wrote:

@ Martin: Haha, thanks you really made me feel better lol . So technically i either change my sex or starve to death! how nice is that lool..
Where's Prince Sultan street?

JazNotivoli

I could be flippant here and say in Riyadh but I won't! How to explain? If you start at the Kingdom Tower and head south on Olaya Street when you get parallel to the Al Fasaliyah Center, the building with the big ball at the top! The next cross street is Prince Sultan Street. You need to turn left onto the street and the restaurants are all along the that street! I went to the Assaraya Turkish Restaurant last night it was very good and cheap 90 SAR for two very large meals.

Hope that helps :-)

Regards

Martin

toolzi wrote:

i was planning to get closer to her as a big brother.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/Libby/leghump.gif

toolzi wrote:
Alliecat wrote:
toolzi wrote:

i was planning to get closer to her as a big brother.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/ … eghump.gif

u are baaaad:))))

LOL

come onnnnnnnn.. that's what you LIKE about me!! :D

@toolzi: I kinda agree with Alliecat, that sounded pretty... interesting i must say! lool
Well Shawarma might not be healthy, but its damn good!:heart: Most good food is not healthy anyway!

@Martin: Thanks a lot, i will check them out later today =D

@Alliecat: you're the best haha :top:

JazNotivoli wrote:

Thanks!  :cheers:

We'll have to meet up one of these days and have lunch at that good Sahwarma place!

And toolzi, before you even ask, the answer is NO! :D

toolzi wrote:
Alliecat wrote:
JazNotivoli wrote:

Thanks!  :cheers:

We'll have to meet up one of these days and have lunch at that good Sahwarma place!

And toolzi, before you even ask, the answer is NO! :D

i dont eat Shwarma:)) thanks Allie:)))

LOL!  Okay, so come on.. share.. what's the healthy stuff you eat and where do you get it?

toolzi wrote:
Alliecat wrote:
toolzi wrote:

i dont eat Shwarma:)) thanks Allie:)))

LOL!  Okay, so come on.. share.. what's the healthy stuff you eat and where do you get it?

IN diet Center :)))))

1500 calories only per day:)))).. i gain 27 KGs and need to get in my old shape:)))) sexy body more girls :))) u know how it works;))

Yes!  I was doing that a few months ago but then went to Dubai.. to the US.. etc. .. and my diet was shot to hell!  27KGS is a LOT!  I've put on 10kg in the 3 years I've been here.  Comfort eating, I think :D

toolzi wrote:
Alliecat wrote:
toolzi wrote:

IN diet Center :)))))

1500 calories only per day:)))).. i gain 27 KGs and need to get in my old shape:)))) sexy body more girls :))) u know how it works;))

Yes!  I was doing that a few months ago but then went to Dubai.. to the US.. etc. .. and my diet was shot to hell!  27KGS is a LOT!  I've put on 10kg in the 3 years I've been here.  Comfort eating, I think :D

not comfort for sure.

eating junk food. this is the case :(((

'Comfort eating' includes eating junk food.  It's about when you're feeling sad, or lonely, or frustrated or angry.  By eating, it's like you're pushing down your emotions.

toolzi wrote:

i need rest and nice food:) and my old shape:))

:one

Hay muchas, que tipo de comida quieres? Thailandes, Indio, Italiano, Americano, Libanes?

Sabes que aqui direciones no valen para mucho, dimo lo que buscas y intento darte buenas puntas de referencia.

Hello Ian W, could you please post in English in this Anglophone forum?

Thanks,
Harmonie.;)

hi JazNotivoli
guyz easy easy on the girl

try Naffora resturant it is labenese and have nice chiken - beef shwaerma. there is also good one in sulimaniah called albawba addemshqyiah
and in Tahlya street there are many westren style resturant.
I havn't tried them but like to accompany you if you like.

BTW don't listen to them you have cool profile.
I like it.

bye

Don't ya just hate it when a new guy tells us how to act, especially when everybody was having fun? :mad: