If you could live anywhere, where would you choose?

of course USA..USA..USA....my dreamland :p

I chose to live in Laos with my family. 
Never regretted it either.

very interesting topic ever!!

I have always wanted to visit Hong Kong

Hong Kong is synonym with skyscrapers, the sea, great Chinese food, culture and pleasant weather

ZHOU.HUAN wrote:

why no China here?:lol:

philippines

Would like to live in Ibiza Island

I can visit several places all over the world but there is no other best place to live and spend the rest of my life rather than the Philippines, the place where I was born.

princess sandra wrote:

of course USA..USA..USA....my dreamland :p

Dream, or nightmare?

Do Not Tolerate Domestic Violence

Indeed, there may be a nightmare coming for all of us, Jost, wherever we live. Even here in the tropical island that has been our home for the past 35 years, my wife and I wonder how we would cope in the event of a worldwide currency collapse or serious price-inflation. There might come a time when we could no longer afford to live here, or when poverty brought home-invasions etc to our doorsteps. So we are looking for "bolt-holes" to run to - not urgently at all, but just in case.

Really, everybody should be looking, as a matter of prudence, however remote one thinks the prospect is. For those on this Forum interested in one longtime expat's thoughts on the subject: two recent blog-posts of mine might be helpful to get a feel for it. They are called "Looking for boltholes" (Parts One and Two) and they are accessible from my blog's Archives Index for September, on the right-hand side of my front page.
http://barlowscayman.blogspot.com

From all my travels my heart is in S.E. Asia. I want to travel more to exciting new places.

Paris Paris Paris ; je t'aime Paris
i don't know why...but i love all about Paris and i have always cherich the dream not only to spend my honeymoon there but also my life
all about it is thrilleing exciting , même son tapage
One day i will wander in its streets

hehe yes I forgot the one about humidity ...

I have been to Dubai , Bombay and Madras - same problem

HaileyinHongKong wrote:
new_in_norway wrote:

I have always wanted to visit Hong Kong

Hong Kong is synonym with skyscrapers, the sea, great Chinese food, culture and pleasant weather

Pleasant weather?  I suppose if you like constant humidity and rain.

You don't really notice the sea in the middle of a giant city.

New-in-Norway. Do you speak Norsk yet? A nigh-impossible language, we found. I felt obliged to report on our latest fiasco:
http://barlowscayman.blogspot.com/2012/ … egian.html

I don't know...

paris :)

Kona, Hawaii Big Island. It is gorgeous there.

Italy! Beautiful Tuscany, or better, somewhere near the coast, in a cosy stone & wood cottage, with sea views! I'll accept invitations, thanx! :D

I would love to have a chance to see Kabah in Mecca Saudi Arabia,Great wall in China and USA but I would live in my homeland Indonesia

Can't choose: the world has to many beautiful places.

Edmonton :cool:

Edmonton??!! Are you mad, MO2013??? You do know you have the whole world to choose from, don't you?

Primadonna...you have a point. Beauty is in the eyes of the viewer. Anywhere can be paradise!

I have loved every place I've traveled to, but for such different reasons. Some for culture, intellectual people, history, food, and seeing the differences and also similarities between countries and regions.but I would love to be centered somewhere with such a rich heritage and core value systems that the people live with freedom and great peace...I haven't found this "perfect" place yet, but my quest is still on...

FaithandHope...nice pseudo. When you find that place if it exists your heart will without doubt tell you this is home. Keep looking and good luck on the search. I have balance where I am right now and I am grateful for that blessing.

to be honest I love to live all around th eworld. I love to live with ordinary and disadvantages people not like tourist. I don't like visiting monuments and etc I love to find real life with real people. as a first step Latin America especially: Costa Rica that I am leaving for, Argentina, Chile, Machupichu(my childhood dream)and..., then sub-saharann Africa, then Central and south east Asia, then Europe and Asia, hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh DREAMS always DREAMS

You have the power to make your dreams come thru. Ordinary people have make it happen so can we!

thank you succes mind. hope you can do yours.

Ummmm....
i would choose japan but in the 1700 not now
now i would choose china since it still has the natural forests.

they said theres no place like home, for me KSA will still be my 2nd choice. I like the weather, the culture and I already know the saudi's attitude and most important is my water and electric bills are free :D.....just liking.

I think I'd like to live where ever my beautiful wife is.

mas fred wrote:

You still can't find her?

Hubby wants a farm somewhere. I dont mind as long as i have my craft room and a city near by to get more craft supplies

Best if we can acclimate ourselves quickly by respecting the culture instead of criticizing it.

I love to live in Australia too.  I lived in many places in many continents.

This is a real question that can take years to answer...

But it is an easy way to run up a lot of posts !!!

HaileyinHongKong wrote:
mas fred wrote:

You still can't find her?

Not yet.
The court order really slows down the search.

i would like to travel the world and live in so many places

houwayda wrote:

i would like to travel the world and live in so many places

The best way to do that is to go out and do it.

Paris. France

Meet expats all over the world

OR