If you could live anywhere, where would you choose?

Personally I am loving everything that Australia has to offer at the moment.

Kama

I would like to live in so many places ! Life is too short, definitely :)

but at the moment, I am happy to be in Mauritius (a bit small, but very nice island)

I am with Julien.
So many places left I haven't seen.
How could I choose one over another :D

In the perfect world we could take a bit from all the places we love and put them all together.....how wonderful would that be!

That would be great indeed :)

The Happy Migrant wrote:

In the perfect world we could take a bit from all the places we love and put them all together.....how wonderful would that be!

you 're so right on that score, buh i would love to live in Paris- although its expensive and all, Julien would know that but i loved the thrill, the lights and yes, even the confusing streets( they all luk the same, lol). its a city which is so much alive.
J':heart: PARIS

I'd love to live in Vancouver again, but with the cultural scene of London and with all my friends from Dublin.

as the unexperienced traveler I am, with hitting Japan only so far, (as well as agreeing to Julien & Nicole) I might choose Japan, the nature and all time rainy season (Yes I love it :P) it's so perfect for me.

call me crazy but I love rain and green, my most rational explanation would be living in a dry desert city :rolleyes:

Salman

@Salman - trust me, I understand.
I even appreciate this bit greenery around here over Kuwait city at any time!
And I so enjoyed any rainy day, cold day, gray day in Hungary and Germany :)
Most people thought I'm nuts ;)

I would like to live between La Jolla, San Diego, CA and  72nd Street & Broadway, Manhattan, NY. Pretty exact, isnt' it? :D

Being here so long speaks for itself! Nepal is a landlocked environment that has all the climates of our planet to offer. One can chose to live close to the arctic cold in a Sherpa Mountain village and walk through pinewood forests where the bears and wolves roam...occasionally glimpse a snow owl or a white fox, or in the subtropical valleys below, where all the Mediterranean vegetables grow and monkeys chat in the woods or where hordes of monkeys live around the holy shrines right in the middle of a city. Those who like it hot and dry can live in the tropical Terai Lowlands where the rhino's and the elephants walk through the savanna. A mini planet in its own...this is my home...this is Nepal

The philosophical answer would be "I want to live in the place I am happy and I have love." That is true.
As a traveler, I would like to live in my country again (near future), Colombia.
Then other countries I would live are Ireland, Israel or Vietnam.

The Happy Migrant wrote:

True!

I,m thinking of moving to brazil. What is the best city to live in.

My destination of choice is Panama. It has much to offer in the way of culture, safety, retiree benefits, inexpensive living cost, varied climate, friendly people and much more.
Michelle

This is a no-brainer for me. Anywhere in Great Britain. Second choice would be Australia.

This I find a trick of a question! Especially with so many expatriates living ILLEGALLY! (How else to understand the 'could'?)

I find that I would like to say MENTON, on the border of Italy and France, but trust that if I am LIVING there that's NOT where I would like to live!

So the natural answer would be: BUENOS AIRES!

Cheers,

J. L. Speranza
Recoleta,

Like sourire says :

"try to find an island in the mid-Atlantic where I could live and have 50% of Europe and 50% of North America.  Oh!  If only !!!!!"

Oh yes ! If only !!

But for the moment my choice goes to USA, miss it, love it, need it !!!!!!!!!!!! Wish I could travel all around and find my place to live, but I love so differents things all the time.. I need to move once a year anyway, and come back when I need it.

And yes the thing is France is lovely, I will miss food: nice real cheese and fantastic wine, the little towns, but too expensive, muppets people.. Don't like the way France goes. and if I could leave France one day (soon soon soon I really hope)I could come back anytime I need, it will be my country for ever even if my heart and my soul goes to America.

I miss Europe , but when I was  In Europe I missed the M-East so I need to travel all the time because I like the French culture food...etc and love Arabic culture but Im more intrested in german languages.

I like being with concervative people but also open minded people ,mixed population..
;-) where would that be ??? Im happy wherever Im ,here I will be the same.

I'm the one who decide if i want to be happy ,or sad...Im happy in any place in the world ;-) ofcourse we need love,work,energie, health care...

I would like to live in NZ,Aus,CA,Qatar or Oman ,perhaps gemany? Lodon? who knows ?

you never know until you get there...follow the first impresion I get when I arrived there .

I would take...

1) Indonesia (anywhere, as long as I liked my job)

2) New York City

3) Paris

In that order.

there actually IS an island in the middle of the Atlantic that has a culture somewhere between Europe and America. It's called Iceland :)

there's the love of big cars and fast food and rocknroll from America, but the European pace of life, more products from Europe, and the European time zone.

Of course there are some disadvantages to living on an island so far north but overall it's surprisingly nice, in spite of the current political climate.

But to answer the question, I've been happy almost anywhere that's got enough variety (culinary, landscape, population density vs scarcity), as long as I am with wonderful people.

Anywhere warm, lots of sunshine, preferably sandy beaches, palm trees :-)
No wars, epidemics, or violent crime.

I don't mind insects, the occasional rain as long as it's not cold, lack of nightlife and urbanisation in general.

I'd like to live in Brasil..

Wow John,

Thanks for the insights!

Indeed, we have next to no material wealth accumulated.

I'm not partial towards the Bahamas, but Julien has not created the option to select a whole region as a destination :-)

I don't mind the "flat" islands in principle. The idea of sea level rise or a hurricane hit is a bit more discomforting though.

I'm quite highly skilled, have an MSc in Electrical Engineering, over a decade of profesional experience at the weirdest places from a DARPA research lab to medical equipment design, but mostly telecommunication and VoIP. I almost did a PhD once :-)

Would you think the international organisations you mentioned would have a need for such technology-oriented skills? I can teach these things too, just have no paper to show for it.

I thought places like Digicel or Cable&Wireless would want me like crazy, but they don't. (It might be related to the fact that their main operations, Jamaica and Trinidad&Tobago are not among my destinations, "First they came for the gay ..." kind of thing, even tough I'm happyly married.)

The tax heaven countries seem rife with jobs for finance people, accountants and insurance analysts and such, so maybe I should pick up a textbook on something like that.

StLucia looks wonderful :-)

Another avenue seems to be remote IT consulting gigs, I could do those from anywhere in the world with internet connectivity, just need to get started and build up clientele :-)

Anyway, I took the kids out in the snow today, we had loads of fun, so I'm not complaining at all :-)

Actually, what about them? Especially the EU Special Member State Territories? Those should be quite accessible for us EU citizens. I say they deserve a separate listing under the "Living in Europe" section of this website. Can I propose a vote, or how does this work?

I would love to relocate to America! Any help!

Can anyone help me travel abroad? am willing to serve the fellow for any particular number of years he/she wants

Australia appeals to me quite a lot. I don't think I would miss Europe too badly.

“If any one finds me below combinations in one place, please suggest me the name of the country. I wish to be there.”

Place like Langkawi, Malaysia for the ambience, http://www.langkawi-resorts.com

Place like Cochin, India, to stay in boat house. http://www.keralahouseboat.org

Place like GOA, India surrounded by beaches for the enjoyment
http://www.goa-tourism.com/

Place like Makkah, Saudi Arabia to make my heart in high peace and spiritual,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mecca

Place like Dhahran, Saudi Arabia who pampers lot but with out TAX, to fulfill my wealth requirements.
http://in.answers.yahoo.com/question/in … 554AAbqoTj

I would love to live in Greece - what a wonderful country!

interesting to see nobody would like to stay on in China...so why, might I ask? thanks

just curious....as for me i'd like to spend my retirement in south france (which although is till in a distanct future) :)

I think France is the country I feel the most at home although a touch of Amsterdam is never too much !

i would like to live in england and learn how to cook british food

Have a home base (maybe in Greece?) and travel la lot :-)

I love every place I visit!
Donegal, Republic of Ireland, my fathers birthplace,
Aegina, tiny island off Pireuos, Greece
but I am seriously considering re-locating to Alicante, Spain...it has everything I need. Sophisticated city, fab beach, amazing shops, restaurants galore, I DON'T need a car!

Italy!

Singapore! Any takers?

France is losing its charm. I want to get back to Thailand as soon as possible!

The Happy Migrant wrote:

Personally I am loving everything that Australia has to offer at the moment.

Kama

I am from the Philippines but I will choose Australia as my second home.

Find useful info to succeed in your expat project

OR