If you could live anywhere, where would you choose?

I would choose New Zealand... very beautiful place..

By the end of 2010 I'll have my 50th birthday. I was never in Mozambique, more accurately I was never out of Europe but... from what I hear and what I know, I would like to live and work for the next 10 or 15 years in Mozambique and if possible stay there forever!
Till now, I was always able to reach my goals and I still hope to fullfill this one to.:)

I love the green countrysides.  I love nature so I would like to live in a place where there is lots of green like, Ireland, Scotland, Britain.  Then I love warm weather so any Caribbean Island other than my home would do....so many places and so little time.  I think it is best to have a home base and just travel as much as you can.

There are so many places but at the moment I am happy in Holland

ola  bonjour  hello

Live in Peru in the selva with my family and work  with the children,they are the future .

paz pace peace paix

Thailand is the place to be...and no matter what I will live and work there. who want to follow me.?

V I L C A B A M B A,   E C U A D O R

Cuenca, Ecuador with its colonial charm and perfect weather would be my first choice.  I also would love to live in Vienna, Austria.

i love to stay in dubai, i live in jbr, on the beach, clean, no shacks, no dirt, clean water. yes it is expensive, then there is good law and order, people are afraid of the law, in democratic countries it is misuse of democracy, specially in india, malaysia, thailand, people are not afraid of law, no respect of law. we call ourselves the greatest democracy, what use, the goverment is today not capable of acquiring land for pune airport in the last 15 years, afraid of loosing votes.

Would take the best of all the countries..combine them in to one place and live !!!!

Only if that was possible ..hahahah which is not. Nevertherless....thats hope against hope.

Rajeev

Where ever we feel good, that is the best place....ha ha ha

turkeyyyy or cyprus)but i hope it will be turkey one day))love that countryy just need to learn that language(((

Louis Trichardt, South Africa

The most amazing people I have ever met and the Soutpansberg is Beautiful. Anywhere else in South Africa would be second choice (except Kimberley which is a dump)

why no China here?:lol:

Hmmmmm I have to say I've fallen in love with Paris and would live there in a heartbeat, no second thoughts.  But I want to get out and see the rest of the world.  I am moving to Egypt, so I will see how I like it there.  I've always wanted to go to Berlin, Germany.  I've heard its a pretty cheap and modern big city.

Paris in the Marais district for a whole year
then when I've grown fat from too much jambon and baguettes I would like to walk it off along a Goan beach for two months.

Wherever in the world I find myself, I always make sure I spend Christmas with my children/grandchildren in Australia..

..I still call Australia home :whistle: (that's a song)

i will chose to go to Newzealand...it is the best country that got no trouble and have a nice living and quite place.... that is my opinion..

DEAR,

SAUDI AABIA IS THE BEST PLACE TO MAKE MONEY AND SAFE MONEY AND THEN ENJOY THE LIFE.

(moderated: off topic)

I have a response for the person who said 'no one has said China!?'. I must say, for a start, the death penalty is a bit scary. I would never ever CHOOSE to be a citizen of China, also you cannot hold DUAL citizenships with China while other countries you can (for example, Brazil and Australia). If I choose to live in China I choose a job with lower pay and normally not such great conditions. Although, there is so much to love about China - it is such a *BIG* country so you could spend several years here discovering different parts and the cities are so bustling and *huge!* :). I have had a thought that I would love to live here (in China) for a while, - later on in my life! Perhaps I will come back here in my mid thirties and live here for five years or so. But, permanently, no.

There is something stifling about the environment here. In Australia, it is really safe and really RELAXED, you can go ANYWHERE and have people saying hello to you and wanting to talk and make friends. Every day in Australia I can meet new people and make new friends. In China, people seem to stick to their families and close friend groups. There doesn't seem to be too many clubs or soicities for just going out and making friends. I would choose my home country for living, long term.
I like places where people say hello to eachother and share activities  and time together as leisure (e.g. parties, going for coffee, concerts, nightclubs or learning a hobby etc).

I am still to see the 'rest' of the world and I am looking forward to it. After some travel, I hope I will get a feel for what places I like.

In the end, Im a city girl and big cities attract me. I can see myself ending up in a big capital or other larger city with culture, many activiies to do and a night life!

What are the best cities that everyone has visited?

I think, I would go from place to place, enjoying the beauty and culture and foods that different places are. If i could have Anthony Bourdain's job, that would be nice!!

Accra, Ghana...its lovely out here...

There are lots to experience here in asia but i living in europe i think would be interesting....Greece for one!...NY i'm used to a fast phased live and always the go..

Italia indeed....

Sydney seems nice.

Philippines is one of the country - however i want also to live in Switzerland, Holland, Norway, UK (London) if given a chance. :)

Sydney, to be with my soulmate. (",)

i wud love to live rome. grand city, good people and not-so-expensive life. :)

I would like to live in Canada, I don't know it's just a dream country for me. And I thought it's a better place live! Wish me luck :)

beautiful mozambique :-)

I would love to live in so many countries but top of the list: Italy, England and Switzerland!!! First for the food, second for the accent and third...well the third had got just about everything I could wish for!

I love my homecountry Sweden. But somewhere warmer would be nice. I think it will be Mallorca, Spain in the end. lovely weather and close to home.

Hi,I would like visit Newyork,Connecticut,Paris,Italy And singapore.
(moderated: no ads please)

paris

I can easily think of Sun Valley, Idaho (for many reasons I should say) OR perhaps..
Maldives Islands - A truly magnificent place on earth! 

Sean

So, if I could, I would live in a place which
- is sunny annd warm in the winter season, nice and cool in summer,
- offers a perfect job to keep me challenged,
- works as a perfect base for me to explore the rest of the world,
- provides good friends and good food :-)

As for me, I'd go to New York right now if I could. And after that, Australia. But it's really difficult for french people to settle down in America : Too much administration.

So, I'll go first to Dublin and after that, if I can, to NY.

Most of people think that Paris is great. It is for a vacation but come and live here for a while and you'll change you mind I bet.

If I'm happy, location is not an issue :lol:

Somewhere in the Highlands or maybe South America... Yes, quite distant and different places!

las Vegas ... or Mauritius

Share your expat experience and get in touch with other members

OR