Best Mobile Service Provider, any Recommendations ?

Hello fellow Expats,
I'm looking for the best options for mobile service providers in terms of  :
1.    level of service and reliability
2.    pricing
3.    support

I have an iPhone 4S and would like to have data as well as voice
•    data need is standard for email and maps
•    voice is around 1000 minutes local (not international)

and yes, I would like to get a gold or silver vanity number

as always your help is greatly appreciate it

well siddig as yoiu know there are 3 differnt providers in ksa
saudi telecome company,Zain and Mobily... and they are all almost the same but to some minor extent Saudi Telecom (itisalat) is better as its the oldest company and the govermental ... so i may say its better .....although am not using it :)
hope i helped

Well I'm a user of STC & Mobily but I usually recommend STC. It's good in coverage, internet & reliability.

Mobily has a package called Khatti Plus. On 5 selected Mobily numbers, the call rate is as low as 0.2 SAR/min with monthly subscription charge of 40 SAR. That's the only reason I still use Mobily :D

TheLegendLeads wrote:

Well I'm a user of STC & Mobily but I usually recommend STC. It's good in coverage, internet & reliability.

Mobily has a package called Khatti Plus. On 5 selected Mobily numbers, the call rate is as low as 0.2 SAR/min with monthly subscription charge of 40 SAR. That's the only reason I still use Mobily :D

mobily internet is also beter then that of stc

If you want better service of voice calls, use MOBILY.
If you want better service of internet, use STC
:):):):):):):):)

so are you suggesting I use both ?:rolleyes:

siddig wrote:

so are you suggesting I use both ?:rolleyes:

:lol:

Do a quick check @siddig. Using the right side custom search google box, search Mobily and then STC. Go through the interesting posts. Awaiting your conclusion....:sleep

It's a third world country and certainly Mobily reflects that. They are a law unto themself esp. how the balance is calculated. My BBM has been down for two days, if I pass any multiple of SAR 100 as a balance it cuts off so I have to redial but a recorded message the first call (sometimes second) always says I have no credit even though I have 100 or 200 etc. I then have to call again. Poor service but it's not the developed world so you have to live with it.

No one has mentioned about third provider, Zain. Is it a good or bad network ?

Nope siddig, what i suggest is, for you to choose the one you do prefer, better service of internet or voice calls?

:)

Nobody takes it all... (:unsure does it apply to this one?)

In my opinion STC is the better...

thanks to all who voiced their opinion, the problem is going through the providers website, their packages and options are not clearly detailed as I would hope compared to what we have here in USA. besides they cost an arm and a leg. my wife spends over SAR 800 a month on "Alraqi" package from mobily, and I don't think I would like to spend that much :(

Don't worry you'll get over it.lol
The day that I stepped into KKIA, I told myself that I will not spend every single penny for such luxurious thing.
But look at me now, I'm used to it because The Good Service is now a necessity not anymore a Luxury. :)

Saudi Arabia is big country and only these three telecom companies covers all saudi arabia. Best Telecom Companies in Saudi Arabia

Get an STC package for voice & data and you will be fine. there are several packages depending on your needs. As for the number, be prepared to pay some royalty fees for a good number

If anyone is a ZAIN customer here, that uses data. I have bought 2 ZAIN data vouchers one for 300 GB - 3months and 1 100GB - 3 months, willing to sell for a very discounted price and give proof of ID or carry out transaction over the phone as I really need to get rid of these as I absoloutly can't use them and zain refuses to refund