Zain 4G internet

Anyone else having slow connection lately?

I am using Zain Mifi for 3 weeks now and it's quite inconsistant. Sometimes works good but most of the time slow as snail...

upon checking in speedtest.net, the download ranges from 0.04 to 0.69 Mb/s. sometimes with a ping of 1277ms (yesterday 6:47 pm GMT)!

and the upload can go up to 14.43 Mb/s!

Getting similar results when using exactly same website for testing...

Anyone here tried Zain in Al Hasa/Hofuf region? TIA.

Yeah ive been facing extremely slow connections!

i used to get speeds of upto 10 Mb/s back in June, then suddenly after they did the update back in july i can hardly get 1 Mb/s

contacted their call center, and they said they will log a call (like they always do but without any outcome)

i live in Al Olya behind Al Faisalia Tower

Facts and Figures:
My account is 3 months unlimited purchased around 15th July 2015. Till now the device shows consumption under 30 GB in 1.5 months.

I purchased Zain MiFi Unlimited after viewing my friend living nearby getting speed of 5+ MB at around 9pm by second week of July 2015. However, I generally was getting around 1.5-2 MB. By the time it also have decreased further. It's very rare I get a good enough speed for a single connection. For example: If another connected tablet runs Youtube, I can no more even browse on my mobile.

The same with me, I called the  center many times and they say nothing is wrong

It's either they don't know what's wrong or they are not in position to say the real problem

I have bad experience with Zain-4G as well. Lucky if you are in an area well covered by their network.

i was checking my router page from 192.168.1.1

Home -> Overview -> Internet Usage
click on More>>>

ive noticed that my speed ranges morethan 500kbps donwlink rate. but when i tried opening a webpage, it will take a lot of time. you wont feel that downlink rate.

Yes, much slower now than a few months back. Speed seems to pick up dramatically after midnight.

I have spoken to someone in the internet section after sending many emails and tweets and have informed me my area has alot of network pressure so they are installing 3 new network attenas, theh did not mention the date of expected completion

Tips on how to get the best speed from your wifi router/mifi. Most of the people place their wifi router in the middle of the living room or next to your laptop which usually will have the worst 4G/LTE signal.

Rule of thumb is to place your wifi router near to window and as high as possible. For example, I place me wifi router on top of my fridge and it is next to a window. As long as your phone/laptop is able to connect to your wifi router.