Need help on Android (HTC Desire HD)

Hi!

If anyone here have a reliable knowledge on Android and can help me (and teach me how) to root my mobile phone and install a new ROM, please let me know.

For those who have little time, we can talk about a compensation. I'm not rich, but if it's reasonnable so I'm ok.

Or if anyone know a reliable shop which can do that without stealing datas or installing keyloggers in the same time, please share :)

Hya I'll send you a pm with a great resource... I've doen lots of work with most OS's including Android. Currently running my HTC Sensation on a rooted ROM running ICS and it flies :)
The desire HD is an outstanding phone despite its age.

i know 1 shop can help u. send me message. :)

I forgot all about this thread...

Flo did you get it sorted?

What a shame, I still didn't have time to fix it. After I asked I have been very busy, and all that stuf may take a long time to save. I want to make a full wipe before I bring it to a reparation store. I saw there is an HTC showroom near the Turtle Lake (you know, the place where there is no lake, and no turtle eigther). I'll see if they have a reparation service.

laidbackfreak wrote:

I forgot all about this thread...

Flo did you get it sorted?

Ok get it rooted, install titanium backup and perform a full backup.

After that you can do what you want :) Is there a problem with it?

I know the showroom, but I do not know if they have a repair center.

I'll happily help you out if you want?

//forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1377119

laidbackfreak wrote:

Ok get it rooted, install titanium backup and perform a full backup.

After that you can do what you want :) Is there a problem with it?

I know the showroom, but I do not know if they have a repair center.

I'll happily help you out if you want?

I'd love to. But as I said, the "volume down" button of my phone is dead, and I can't root my phone without that button. So I have to fix it first, which means I have to full wipe it first.

I don't worry that much about the full wipe. I'll save what need to be saved. The rest is just all the apps, I can install them again. Make a clean install is probably a better start than recovering an old backup, which can be source of problems (many people say that, I don't know actually)

meemeow wrote:

i know 1 shop can help u. send me message. :)

Thanks meemeow. I think you can post the address you know in this thread, that's just sharing, not advertizing I think.

that shop in 3/2 street. D.10.u know that street?
address: 194 đường 3 tháng 2, phường 12, Quận 10. Hong Quang company.
i hope it can help you :)

Very nice, it's near my place!  :)

meemeow wrote:

yes.the service in there is very good. i fixed my phone at there. its good :)

Flo-vn wrote:

But as I said, the "volume down" button of my phone is dead

Doh! sorry forgot all about that issue :)

But if you use the ADB software and send the recovery command it should be possible to boot and root without using the volume key :)

laidbackfreak wrote:

Hya I'll send you a pm with a great resource... I've doen lots of work with most OS's including Android. Currently running my HTC Sensation on a rooted ROM running ICS and it flies :)
The desire HD is an outstanding phone despite its age.

u r using HTC sen? me too. can u help me to update ROM to ICS. i dont know how to do it

Hi Meemeow, what phone are you using? The Sensation??

check the link out above, may need to go to the top level to find your phone, but it should be there. :)

im using htc sensation xe. thanks for ur link. i will try. if i cant,can u help me?

Yep no problem, I'm using the Sensation, but running ICS for the XE. The hardware is the same on both models, they jsut under clocked the Sensation originally :)

and yes more than happy to help if you get stuck :)

laidbackfreak wrote:
Flo-vn wrote:

But as I said, the "volume down" button of my phone is dead

Doh! sorry forgot all about that issue :)

But if you use the ADB software and send the recovery command it should be possible to boot and root without using the volume key :)

You are right, but I have read in the "Effen manual" (seems to be the Holy Bible for the geeks who make the hundreds tutorials for rooting the HTC Desire HD) that on some versions of Android, using the Advanced Ace Hack Kit require a full downgrade. My phone unfortunately seems to run one of these verions of Android. Full downgrade means full wipe. :/

Android 2.3.5
Sense 3.0
kernel 2.6.35.10
build 3.13.163.3

So I can root my phone right now (if I'm lucky and everything goes like in the video) but I can't avoid the full wipe, and... anyway I need to fix that ^\@[*#{% button in order to install a new ROM.

I don't even know which one :lol:

Flo-vn wrote:

I need to fix that ^\@[*#{% button in order to install a new ROM.

Yep that will certainly make your life a lot easier....

Flo-vn wrote:

I don't even know which one :lol:

That's easy, go for the Android Revolutioin, or Miui :) but its more fun playing with them and finding one that suits you best :)

I've just been to this shop, I confirm it's a great place. They  are very kind and professional. They fixed my problem in 15 minutes, for only 100.000 VND. In France that price is not even enough for just having a look on your phone.

Now I'm going to follow the rooting instructions and then I'll try to install a new ROM... see you soon! :)

meemeow wrote:

nice :)

Nice one flo glad you got that issues sorted. now you can have some fun.

You bet I will :D

Last night I rooted my phone successfully. :lol: I'm very cautious so it took me more than 3 hours reading the Effen Manual (and playing their stupid find-the-key game), downloading necessary stufs, cleaning my PC, downgrading, then rooting.

I'm reading as much as I can to be able to choose the convenient ROM for my use. I find no serious website making any argumented comparison between, at least, MIUI, Revolution and Cyanogen. :(

I may begin with CyanogenMod 7, cos I'm a little sick of Sence now (though I used to love it), and MIUI seems great but a little too much fancy (and I don't want to become a customisation addict).

laidbackfreak wrote:

Nice one flo glad you got that issues sorted. now you can have some fun.

Cyanogen is the way to go if your bored of Sense, its certainly the most stable :)
And yep take your time and you shouldn't have any problems :)

CyanogenMod 7 installed. It's pretty empty, I have to set up everything again. It seems some functions are missing, like a shortcut button to activate the 3G. There is only one for WiFi. But I'll find a way.

Thanks again for your help!

Mmmmpf... I'm missing Sense already... CyanogenMod 7 but there are definitely not as much usefull functions as in Sense. For exemple,

- I can't find a "currently opened apps" menu (WTF, that's essential on a multitask system!)
- The lock screen has only 2 shortcuts instead of 4
- The call app doesn't display the recent call log next to the dialler

So... Revolution time!  :lol:

:D sounds like fun, if you long press the dial key does that not show recent items?

but yeah give Revo a try :) I use it as my stock.

laidbackfreak wrote:

:D sounds like fun, if you long press the dial key does that not show recent items?

but yeah give Revo a try :) I use it as my stock.

You're right (actually it's the "home" button on Desire HD), I didn't know that, since there was an other way to switch between apps in Sense :P

Thank you for the tip!

Flo-vn wrote:

(actually it's the "home" button on Desire HD),
Thank you for the tip!

sorry yep that's the button :)