BSL, Rottweilers in Ecuador. Banned?

Hello everyone.

Unfortunately I just read that you cannot bring a rottweiler or pitbull into Ecuador because of the laws that have passed.

I have a rottweiler who is a big suck, but if I have to leave him behind in Canada with my parents then so be it, I will.  I love him to death but I cannot stay here much longer. 

I would just like confirmation that I cannot bring him into the country so I can plan accordingly. 

Thanks!

Hi torque!

Hoe that you'll be given some replies.;)

Harmonie

Hello,

I just ask a dog trainer who used to import dogs to Ecuador and he told some airlines had banned this dogs but not all.
In fact, soon in Quito is going to be a Rottweiler international show and many dogs are coming from abroad.

There is some ecuadorian airlines that filght to USA but not Canada,   like Aerogal and Lan that maybe allow this kind of dogs.

Vinny

Hello again Vinny,

I want to say that you've been extremely helpful in both topics I've started so far, thank you sir!

That is some interesting information.  As wikipedia says the Pitbull and Rottweiler are banned for private ownership. 

It is curious that some airlines still allow the breed into the country.  It would worry me to get him into the country and then have trouble with local authorities and things like that.

I have already made arrangements for dog to stay with my parents.  I think it would be good for them as both their children will be living abroad, so having him around would not be a problem.  He is like their third child they say haha :)

I think for my piece of mind as well as his, it'd be easier to just let him stay here.  I would never want to risk my dog's safety just because I miss him, that would be selfish.

I was hoping you could direct me to some links about dog breeder directories in Ecuador.  I have tried searching for some myself but haven't found anything very informative, mostly just spam websites haha.

I would like to see what breeds are common and easily acquirable over there and if the prices are similar to North America.

Thanks again!

Hello

Glad to know I was helpful.  I don't know much about breeds and dogs.
Dogs in Ecuador are just dogs and usually you can see them wondering around the city, eating what they can even somehow they have and owner. But this is changing and now you can find pet stores, groming places and hotels for dogs, mostly because expats bring their dogs here.

This is the Facebok page of my friend: "Campamento Canino"
He was one of the first ones in this country dedicated to dogs business, he does training for regular dogs and the police's K-9 and he has hotel too.

Regards
Vinny