Living in KL and working in Penang =possible?

Hi ! My husband will (maybe) work in Penang but we think we prefer to live in KL (or Sinapore) because there are French schools and we have two children (5 and 4 years old) Could you please advice if this is possible ? if not, and if we need to live en Penang, can you please recomend an international school if any?  and good place to live? Thaaaaanksssss!

Hi

No it won't be possible to work in Penang and Live in KL. It is too far to commute everyday I have a 2 bedroom apartment sea view facing for rent. The English school is not far about 2km from the place for more information feel free to contact me at [email protected]

private helicopter?

Invent a teleport machine or basically no. Even doing weekends in KL would get tiring all those flights and don't even think of driving it  weekly

I think it's about a 4 hour drive from KL to Penang one way without traffic. Singapore is even farther.

Do your children speak English? It seems that is the language of instruction for all the expat schools.

Penang has a number of international schools. Uplands and St. Christoper's both follow a British curriculum. Dalat is a Christain school that follows an American curriculum. (Despite it's name, St Christopher's is not religious). My kids go to Dalat, and I have friends with children at the other two.

Tenby has a kindergarten for your kids' ages, but I only know older children (12 years and up) who attend that school.

There's also Fairview on the southern side of the island.

I live in Penang and have 3 kids (6,9, and 12 years old). You can email me at [email protected] if you want more details about the schools.

I Think it's pretty norm these days that people in Malaysia travels back to their hometown every weekend. I have been driving from KL to Penang every weekend for past 3 months, and I do it alone. Once you're used to it, you won't feel its tiring after all. Malaysia may not have the best highway system but its pretty decent i should say. If you dont like driving, there are many buses which goes to Penang from KL on daily basis.

4 hours drive in theory. Try that at peak time! I remember one friend took 12 hours to get to Ipoh once (just half way) when bad traffic. I once got stuck for three hours and no sign of why - 3 hours to travel 100 meters. It made no sense but as two lanes an accident means no flow until cleared and prob that.

Quite impossible to travel from KL to Penang everyday.

can not as distance is much more drive time is 5 hrs so hard to manage on daily basis