West vs East coast

Hi, We applied for the MM2H visa and have intention of retiring in Malaysia.
We would like to settle near a beach, and in a area that is easily accessible to medical, shops etc.
Please help we with the Pros and Cons of West coast vs the east Coast.
Which area will you recommend.

There is no real "west coast" to Penang. It's inaccessible mostly with mangroves and marshes. The accessible beaches are also not that great on Penang. There are a couple in the national park (monkey beach and turtle beach) right at the north of the island, but the nearest housing would be in Batu Ferringe (which is the tourist area but does have beaches). Otherwise there is a small Miami Beach and another at Tanjung Bungah. The sea can be uninviting, due to runoff and plastic waste. There are also problems with jellyfish including the Box type. It's not like Thailand, as Penang situated on a busy seaway. Langkawi is a little better beachwise.

Thank you Gravitas for your prompt reply and I must apologize that I did not make myself clear.
I meant West vs East coast of the mainland of Malaysia.
Example Penang vs Pahang?

There are no areas with beaches on the western mainland of Malaysia except Port Dickson which is not an area where expats live - just visit. It's popular with Malaysians to go to at the weekends and holidays. The water is very murky. There's an oil refinery there and lots of unfinished construction sites.

Pahang is not an area where expats tend to live either. It's much more traditionally Malaysian and so very little western influence. There are very natural beaches up the east coast such as Cherating. People visit the islands off Pahang when they are open.

The monsoon season hits Pahang and east coast hard from November-March and the islands are closed for several months. Flooding is common.

Perhaps you should look at Sabah. But it has a different MM2H than peninsular Malaysia.