Scrabble, Bridge in Riyadh

Anyone interested in playing Scabble and/or Bridge in Riyadh? I am willing to teach Bridge for those who may be intersted but have not played before.

Am home alone these days since all the family are on vacation and wont be back until end Sep. Thats a long long time.

I work 7:30 am to 430 pm weekdays and half day on Thursdays until 1:00 and live in the North of Riyadh close to the Rumaizan Compound.

Woiuld be nice to form a small group to play and enjoy anything thats common between us.

HELP!!!

hey,

excuse my ignorance but what is Scabble and Bridg?

Scrabble is a Board Game that involves making words, in English, and scoring points based on each letter value plus special bonus values for the squares on the board on ewhich you play. The game requires a good vocabulary and also enhances your english skills by learning new words.

Bridge is a dcard game thats played by four (4) people based on an auction bidding system for trumps (Spades, Hearts, Diamonds, Colubs) based on te points one has in his hands (A=4, K=3, Q=2, & J=1). If you have ever played a card game like 304, Trujmps, etc nyou will understand Bridge. It takes a lot of careful thinking, memory, and strategy to win.

Please be free to ask me anything more you wish if you weant to know more or even learn the game.

Basically, both a inhouse parlor games that families and adults  and even kids usually indulge in as a pastime or hoibby.

sounds interesting, thanks for the explanation, what part of riyadh do you live in? e.g. north, south or city center.

Salman, I live in the north on Exit 7 close to the Imam University and Rumaizan Compund. We used to live in Sulaimaniyah before but moved north in 2008. Its a new town and is bustling with activity these days. Infrastructure is great and also a very quiet place with not many business hpouses around. All in all its a great place to live.

not to far from my work place (near exit 5), though I live far south.

do you play chess by any chance?

yes, i do play chess - pls call me on 055 187 5023 so we can chat

I'll do that, but I'm going to bed for now, lets talk in the morning. :)

Are you still teaching bridge? I play with some basics and I am interested in learning.

@ Mohamed Serag, this thread is dated 2009.:/
You may start a new thread for better visibility on Riyadh forum.;)

Harmonie

I am moving to Riyadh in next month or so when my husband's company gets issues my visa.
I love playing bridge. I play American standard ( 5 card major). Are there are least 4 others who are playing already in Riyadh?  Lynette

Yes, we do have a small group. Most of us play online on BBO but we like to arrange some face to face bridge on weekends too. Do stay in touch when you get here and we can surely arrange a foursome sometime.

We also play SAYC 2/1, Precision, etc

Regards

yes, we can get together sometime and share some Bridge, perhaps on a weekend

musicman wrote:

Anyone interested in playing Scabble and/or Bridge in Riyadh? I am willing to teach Bridge for those who may be intersted but have not played before.

Am home alone these days since all the family are on vacation and wont be back until end Sep. Thats a long long time.

I work 7:30 am to 430 pm weekdays and half day on Thursdays until 1:00 and live in the North of Riyadh close to the Rumaizan Compound.

Woiuld be nice to form a small group to play and enjoy anything thats common between us.

HELP!!!

Im down for some Scrabble.... never played bridge before, but am willing to give it a go, but scrabble is my game.... Let me know when, and Ill see what my schedule allows these days.  I also host (sorry, but for westerners) poker nights every odd weekend...

Hello,

I wanted to play the scrabble game , and would like to know / learn the bridge game.
Please contact.

Meraj Khan
(Moderated: Please avoid leaving your phone number on the forum)

Well not chess, your AD says Scrabble .... Chess even I dont know how to play, but scrabble
and Bridge I am interested in. Thanks /

HI there :)
I hope you still playing bridge In Riyadh

I love Bridge , playing In BBO

so if you meet to play please inform me

Hassan

Couple interested in playing Bridge in Riyadh.  We are novices.  We also play Scrabble. C & Y