Pug breeders???

Hi everyone!

I'm moving to mauritius in april and I was considering bringing a pug puppy from the uk to mru. However aside from all the cost issues, I don't want to have to put any unnecessary strain or stress on a young pup.

Therefore I was wondering if there were any pug breeders in mru? I know that there are owners of pugs in mru, but i'm not sure if they are official breeders, so I would really appreciate any help you can give me!

Nav

Hi Nav and welcome to Expat.com!

Hope that you'll soon find some answers.;)

Harmonie.

Thanks  Harmonie!

I would be so grateful if someone could let me know of anyone who breeds pug puppies so that i might be able to contact them.

Hello Navs86,

Have you visited Mauritius? There are plenty of dogs here that need a home- you can go to PAWS and see if they can help you find a dog. If not, I think bringing your dog may be best. I have a few friends new to Mauritius who are going through the same problem, whether or not to bring their dog. If you have a family member or friend who can help look after your pup until you get situated here, that could be a good idea. This will  allow you to settle in and consider your decision. Best of luck!
hinternationalanimalrescue.org/news.php?item=39
.pawsmauritius.org/

Hi id like to know if you've had any luck finding a pug puppy here ?

Hi
A pug in this heat and high humidity??? with their renowned breathing difficulties, not a good idea I personally think.

The animal shelters here are full of puppies and dogs, granted probably no pugs but there is often griffons, and small dogs advertised as their owners no longer want them, look on PAWS website, MSPCA website, or Facebook page: we love our pets and animals, for dogs advertised as needing a home.

If you do decide to bring a pug , please read fully my posting about bringing a pet to Mauritius and all the quarantine regulations etc.

Good luck. ;)

Hi, There's a Pug Breeder now in Mauritius. This breed is very rare. Breeder is KUSA (Kennel Union of Southern African) registered.
Rgds,
OR

Yes you can now.