How many dogs are allowed on a property

Hi

I will be moving to Mauritius later this year from South Africa. I plan to bring my three dogs. Two German Shepherds and a Jack Russel.

Are then any restriction on the number of dogs you may have on a property? I ask because where a currently live the local municipal by laws restrict the number of dogs you may have according to the land size.

Secondly do most landlords allow you to have dogs?

Regards

Dave

Hi,

There is no limit as long as you have an eye on them and they are contained withing the four walls/fence of the property.

Else this might lead to issues with your neighbours. Or they can be captured by the Dog Control Unit.

Landlords have their own specific set of rules; some may impose no limit on the number of dogs, some may limit the number, some only allow cats and no dogs...and other do not allow pets at all.

The sky is seemingly the limit.

Three dogs kept as pets are allowed, however you should not do breeding.
It is important that you have enough space / yard and thst your dogs do not create nuissances to the neighbourhood.
Dogs in apartments or gated communities may not May be acceptable depending on conditions attached with the properties.
Please note that your dogs will put in quarantine at the Ministry of Agro- Industry for many days, and that you will have to take care them everday if you love them.

If you bought the property and it's now yours, does it matter how many dogs you have. if you have a big yard and house can you have lets say 11 dogs.

If you own the property and have a big yard can you have let's say 11 dogs

@Holtzj505 Yes, one of my neighbours has dogs, cats, chickens & goats. It is like a mini zoo. Another neighbour has cows lol

Hi DaveMost landlords are ok with dogs, obviously the number they will allow depends on the size of the property. They might have an issue with 3 though. You would have to convince the potential landlord that they are not noisy and are well-behaved.There are a few rules on bringing dogs to Mauritius: https://sps.govmu.org/wp-content/upload … US.pdfGood luck

@DaveCC, please make sure that you keep your pets inside the property at all times or on a leash when you are out.

Two reasons - 1. they may disappear or be attacked by stray dogs and 2. they may get hit by vehicles.

#2 happened to my dog.  Drivers do not stop and there was no police investigation.