Long term stay in France - Need advice.

Bonjour all!!!

I am desperately seeking advice regarding living in France.
My situation: My boyfriend/partner is french, i am australian, we have been living together for 1 year now in france, i came in on a working holiday visa (lasts for only one year). This expired October 2011. I am now living on my UK visa (which will expire in September) - i am working in UK but travel back to france to spend time with my boyfriend on weekends (he lives in boulogne-sur-mer).

I want to move permanently to france at the end of september. I have been on so many websites and have had little success about where to go from here...

if anyone can point me in the right direction or any advice that would be greatly appreciated, even if anyone knows of a reliable lawyer i could contact for advice.

Thank you.
NB

You should have gotten PACsed while you were on your WHV.

You get PACSed (register your relationship/partnership) (looks up PACS), you live together for a year and keep evidence - then at the end of that year you can apply for a Carte de Sejour with NO work rights - you can't work for a year but the following year when you renew your Carte de Sejour you will get to work (vie privee et familiale).

Now I suppose you have to apply for a long-stay visitor visa and get back into France in order to PACS, I'm not sure if your one-year cohabition will have to be done again or not...ask at the prefecture.